Thursday, October 9, 2008

Miscellaneous update

I went from having a ton of information to share the last couple days, to being kind of boring. I've been trying to process everything from the appointment, yet at times I'm trying more to not process it and just be happy. I had blood drawn on Tuesday and, of course, I am starting to get a little nervous that the results will come back that my hormones haven't improved. I'm just trying to prepare myself for that. I'll probably dedicate a whole post to it in the coming days.

In the meantime, I am excited to watch the progress in my cycle. Instead of putting all of my energy into hoping for a positive pregnancy test, I am looking forward to getting excited over things going right in general. Small goals. For instance, hopefully seeing less spotting over the next few days (I'm currently on day five) and possibly heading right into either dry days or mucus, and looking for good mucus with a clear peak, as well as less spotting at the end. These will all be great signs that I'm getting healthy.

****

In other news, I've been dealing with an addiction to strawberries. They are my crack (I think I've been watching too much Intervention on A&E). For a while I was going through a box a day, but now I'm trying to spread one over two days. It's an expensive habit, but there could be worse (and more expensive) things to be addicted to. Like real crack. I realized that it had reached a new level last night as I was driving home from the store at 9:45 with a fresh box. We had just gone out to dinner (my belated cycle-day-one "celebration"), and then we were home, exhausted, full and just wanting to relax. Then I remembered we had no strawberries. Well, sitting home without any strawberries in the kitchen is not an option for me lately; I was getting shaky at the idea of it. So I went to the store. And I must have really needed them, because I am l-a-z-y, lazy. They were soooo delicious, and they are now gone.

Speaking of my dinner out, it was very yummy. Chicken fingers and a salad. I almost can't wait until next month!

****

Has anyone seen the new Volks.wagen commercials? From the perspective of an infertile woman, they're kind of annoying. They're tongue and cheek, all about how couples are popping out tons of babies just as an excuse to buy some family car. I suppose this might be funny to someone who can get pregnant, but to me it's just a reminder that it's a breeze for "normal" people. Oh well. I also find it interesting that they feature Broo.ke Shiel.ds, someone who dealt with infertilty herself.

****

Before I go, I just wanted to ask you to please pray for "K," a young woman who is scheduled to have an abortion tomorrow. She talked on the phone with one of our 40 Days volunteers a couple times and it seemed promising, but then she failed to meet up with her today at the pregnancy resource center like they had planned. We assume her appointment for tomorrow is still on. Please pray for her and her baby.

7 comments:

  1. Admitting you have an addiction is the first step:)

    I just wanted to say that I continue to be encouraged by you and for you. I have no doubt you ar right where you are supposed to be right now. I think the same is true for myself, too. We are making slow (okay slow might be the understatement of the year!) but steady progress toward our two goals. Yes we want babies but we also want to be healthy and restored for our future children. (I think I might blog about this today).

    Anyways, I haven't seen the volkswagon commercial but it reminded me of something my stylist said the other day that I might also blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That commercial is my 2nd least favorite. My lease favorite is the Johnson and Johnson one that ran during the Olympics: "Having a baby changes everything." Uh, yeah. I wouldn't know. But thanks for the warning, albeit tinted with pro-abortion undertones(??)

    I will keep K in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ug... that commercial bugs me too. I always change the channel.

    Focusing on improved health is always a good goal to have! Thanks for the reminder...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen those commercials and they are driving me nuts too. Just another reminder of the obvious for me. It sucks that it is so easy for others and so hard for us. I will keep K in my prayers and hope she changes her mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen that commercial, however I did write an email to Always pads just a couple weeks ago because it was cycle day 1 and a nice commercial popped on the t.v. to tell me to "Have a happy period". I explained in the email that periods are not "happy" for those of us struggling with infertility. They responded with an apology for the heartache that the commercial caused me and they appreciate the feedback because it will be taken into consideration for future marketing campaigns.

    I also saw a commercial recently for Suave hair products that says "Motherhood isn't always pretty"- go to their website and you'll see it right away. Ya know, not being able to experience motherhood is even worse. I need to email them still, but I just can't believe these commercials. They make a lot of assumptions...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strawberries are so yummy! I say there could be worse things, say like a little chocolate problem a certain girl might know a little bit about. I'm not naming any names...

    ReplyDelete
  7. the Volkswagen commercials offend me because they objectify the child.

    I think I'm going to write them and let them know how offended I am.

    ReplyDelete