Friday, October 24, 2008

Cycle update

Today is cycle day 20 and I'm guessing I ovulated on Wednesday, day 18, since that was my last day of peak-type mucus. Yesterday was finally a dry day, and my temp rose this morning to 98.3. It had been at 97.6 for a while now, so that's a good spike. It may have risen yesterday, but I woke up four hours earlier than normal, so it was a wasted temp day.

Next, I'll have my blood drawn next Wednesday for my peak +7 blood draw. I hope it comes out normal.

One interesting development today is that I am starving. I eat and then I am hungry again within twenty minutes. This is very out of the ordinary for me, especially since starting my diet. I usually get hungry a few times a day, and I can go for a while without eating anything. Now that I think about it, the hunger actually started yesterday. I made a low G.I. version of chicken lo mein and ate WAY too much. Today is even worse though.

So I googled it, and learned an increase in appetite could be due to a rise in progesterone, which is a good thing I guess. When my hormones were tested in the spring, my progesterone was normal except for the fact that it rose a little too late and fell off too early. But I was never hungry like this after ovulation. And as I always say, change is good!

Okay, I've got to go eat again. I'm so hungry!

Oh - one more thing... LOVED your comments on my post about manipulating my chart. I had to laugh at all of your creative ways to manipulate, too! We can all be nuts together!

1 comment:

  1. Post the chicken lo mein recipe!!

    Back when i was on BC Pills i would get hunry 3 days before my period every month, it was the weirdest thing,but it drove me crazy, because i ate a ton!!

    ReplyDelete