Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Back home

We're back from my in-laws' house, where we had a great time. But the highlight of the trip was that I got to meet one of my favorite bloggers - Lifehopes!

She was the first person I met through my blog, when she left my very first comment on my very first post. We have shared similar experiences with stage 4 endometriosis, surgeries, and of course the whole experience of dealing with infertility as a Catholic. I've gone on to be diagnosed with PCOS, and she's had to have a second surgery for endo, and now we both find ourselves on the cusp of possibly conceiving. It's a scary, yet hopeful, place to be and while neither of us is very optimistic for ourselves, we are very optimistic for each other.

We met up for lunch first, just the two of us, and then we met for dinner later with our husbands. She is just like I expected in person - awesome! She's really sweet and is just like she comes across on her blog, plus she's beautiful. Her husband is really great too! We loved both of them, and we could have talked for hours. We had to hit the road, though, to get back for adoration last night.

I already can't wait to hang out with her again. It's so great to have someone who knows exactly what it's like and what you're going through. I'm so hopeful for her, too. I just know that someday soon we'll be hanging out with our babies!

Today my husband isn't feeling too hot and even left work early. Speaking of him, I've got to go check on the poor guy right now, but I might be back to write more later. I've got a little cycle update and some mood issues to tell you about!

5 comments:

  1. Perhaps one of my very favorite moments on the TTC roller coaster has been meeting some of my online TTC buddies IRL :) I can only imagine how much more exciting it is to meet someone not only going through all of the same struggles, but also sharing your most fundamental beliefs about life and IF.
    I hope someday soon we can all get together with our children :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lifehopes IS pretty fun :) I'm really glad you got to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty cool. Friendships are powerful gifts in times like these. I've been blessed with running into an old high school friend through all of this, and she's going through the same thing. She even covers the pro-life beat for our local Catholic newspaper! Talk about God bringing people together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I probably sound crazy, but I was SUPER SUPER excited to read this post! You were both two of the first commenters on my blog and I just can't wait for you to be mothers! I pray for you often and somehow think of one when I think of the other. Glad you got to meet!

    Blessings to you ladies!

    ReplyDelete