Monday, November 30, 2009

Still on the road

I'm sitting in my brother-in-law's Manhattan apartment right now, unable to leave to do anything because little miss Sophie Belle is with us and barks like crazy when we try to leave. We've actually tried it, listening outside the door, and she barks and scratches at the door to my brother-in-law's bedroom where we left her (she also has a history of scratching paint off doors. Not good). I'm a little bummed, but it's pouring so at least we are staying dry.

That was not the case this morning when we walked Sophie a few blocks to Central Park. It started raining after we left and all three of us were soaked (we also discovered that Sophie likes to stop walking while crossing the street. Ryan had to pick her up as cars were coming, which is always fun). If it were nice out, we'd just spend the day at the park, but not in the rain. We already had to give her a bath today after our first excursion, and we try to avoid baths at all costs!

I'm typing on Ryan's iPhone right now so this will be short, but I just wanted to say that I've been taking prometrium now for three days and I'm not too sure about it. The first night I was awake long enough after taking it (two hours) to feel completely drunk and dizzy. It hit me all of a sudden and I absolutely had to go to bed. Since then, I've taken it right before sleeping and have felt better, but I still feel a little tired and out of it in general. I'm assuming these side effects are normal, since I remember reading that other bloggers have had to take it before bed. I just hope it doesn't get worse because it's pretty annoying. Maybe I can try another form of progesterone next time (as long as I can find something covered by my insurance).

This cycle looks pretty good too, which makes me happy. I had four red stickers, followed by four green stickers, and then six days of white stickers. I most likely ovulated on cycle day 12 and my peak day was 14. Not bad!

We'll head home tonight and if Queen Sophie has her way, we'll be sitting on my brother-in-law's couch til it's time to go. So much we could be doing and we're stuck inside. She's lucky we love her so much!

14 comments:

  1. I am so impressed you typed all of that on the i-phone! Any time I type on that thing it looks horrible, haha! Awh, Sophie Belle! Can you dress her up and make her look like a person and go into a museum or store that way? Haha, jk! Too bad NYC isn't like St.ony Po.int! Have a safe trip back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I wish it were nice out because there's a restaurant where you can sit outside with your dog like a block away. That would be so fun! Although she'd bark at everyone for them to drop food for her. We created a little monster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prometrium does the same thing to me as well. It's horrible the side effects! I hate prometrium, I hate all progesterone. :) hahaha

    At least it isn't sunny out that would be horrible to be stuck inside! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you're having a hard time on the prometrium. Are you taking it orally or vaginally? My RE has me taking it like a suppository, and I have had NO side effects on either cycle so far. Hope this helps, and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a "pretty good" cycle! I hope it stops raining so you can get out of the apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also suggest taking it as a vaginal supposetory. My Dr said that's a more effective way because it gets the medicine to where it needs to go. I actually take two a day (one in the morning and one in the evening) and have never had any side effects. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, fantastic-sounding cycle so far!

    I'm impressed your BIL has an apt so close to the park - nice! Is he married? (Oh wait... I am.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cycle sounds pretty good. Sorry that you're stuck inside.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the same side effect on the prometrium. So did Beautiful Day. It does go away, though. Just give it a few days. You get used to it. And yes be sure to take it right before bed!!!

    Man being in NY sounds fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you're having fun despite being cooped up inside! From your photos of Sophie Belle I think she's too big to be put in an over the shoulder carrier, right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had the same side effects on the prometrium. The up side was I had the best sleep ever on it. I just had to take it RIGHT before going to bed and that is a hard habit for me.

    Sorry about the rain keeping you indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've had the same experience with Prometrium and I agree with Ann - Building a Nest... Take it right before you go to bed and you really do get a good night's sleep! Doc has doubled my dosage and it hits me hard. Oh, just one word of advice... On a night when you've begun taking Prometrium, don't plan to go to Adoration at 2:00 in the morning, unless you can walk there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG TCIE!!!!!!!! I'm pissing my pants crying over here!!!! hahahahahaha That comment is hilarious! He is a hottie, what about FOG???? ;)

    ReplyDelete