So my last post was about the new path I feel like God is leading me on (letting go of the tight grip I had on trying to get pregnant). But in re-reading it, I feel like I left one major thing out - that I am fully aware that it's not going to be easy.
The post kind of sounded like I have it under control, but I do not. At all. I might have some peace about it, but it's more of a peace where I am trying to blindly trust that God will get me through it, rather than a peace where everything is just awesome.
It will most likely be a very long time before we can start a family. I am bracing for a long, difficult wait. I know it's going to be hard and I think that is why I am trying to start turning more completely to God.
I love reading about the saints. One thing they all have in common is their faith during hardship. They constantly amaze me. From St. Therese, to Gianna, to Faustina, to Theresa, every saint I read about endured so much physical and emotional pain but never doubted God's love for them through it all, and, because of that love and trust, they accepted whatever came their way. They were really unbelievable that way. And that's what my new attitude is all about. Not that turning it over to God will magically make things easier, but that it will hopefully help to lift me up during the hard times ahead.
Actually, the saints suffered so greatly that it almost scares me, in a way, to turn it over to him. But they all, in their writings, seem so peaceful during the most difficult times. I guess when I read their stories, it just makes me want that. And this is the only way I can guess how to acheive that - by trying my best to imitate them in the way they suffered. By loving God with all of my heart, living only for him and trusting completely.
Okay, that scared me to write that. Why do I think I'm capable of that? I guess I just need to remind myself that no one is perfect, even the saints were flawed and I can only try my best.
And the truth is I'm not capable of anything outside of God. Only he can help me through this.
Okay, I feel better.
Oh, and on a side note, I can't wait for this month to be over. I need to put it behind me and I really can't wait for the August post titles to stop showing up on my blog's sidebar every time I scroll down. Thank God that he makes all things new, including the calendar!
I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, God's dwelling is with the human race. He will dwell with them and they will be his people and God himself will always be with them (as their God). He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain, (for) the old order has passed away." The one who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Then he said, "Write these words down, for they are trustworthy and true." (Revelation 21:3-5)
Monday, August 31, 2009
Not going to be easy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You're right: it won't be easy, but the trying is so important and so is always remembering that God loves you and is with you during all the strife. We all have low points.
ReplyDeleteYou did have a rough August! Good riddance and onto better times!
Maybe the saints had the exact same thoughts, fears and uncertainties while they were writing their own words...
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, not totally on topic, but relating to your Scripture quote at the end... I always LOSE IT when Jesus says, "See, Mother, I make all things new" in The Passion... right after she runs to him while having a flashback of him falling as a child. Oh wow. Powerful. Just like this quote from Revelation. Powerful.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, it's not easy. I haven't handed over nearly as much as you have- but just trying not to obsess so much, and trusting that Mary knows in her maternal heart when I will be a mother... it is hard. But the peace is unequivocable. (I took an hpt at my Dr's request today, it was neg, and I had peace with it. Still do :) )
We will all help lift you in prayer to make it easier, as well. I'm convinced it's all of my friends' and family's prayers helping in my life.
I can just imagine how thrilled God is with your decision to try to trust him even more every single day! This post is very encouraging and challending. I will be keeping you in prayer and asking God to bring you peace and affirmation each day. It is scary to think that our suffering can be as great as the saints we love so much, but we can always take comfort that God is willing to give us a life full of hope!!!!
ReplyDeleteOne thing that keeps playing in my mind over and over, is being in a relationship with God is NEVER easy but always worth it!
ReplyDeleteI admire the strength you have as you unite yourself closer and closer to God!
The mustard seed of faith is all it takes, and thankfully He does all the rest!
We are really in a win win situation, even when we are asked to surrender our very much desired vocation of motherhood to Him.
Keep your head up and fight the battle. It sounds like you are doing a great job! Even when the "honeymoon" feelings of battling the battle come and go!
Rock on sista!
Having faith and trust in God is the hardest part of all of this. It's definitely my current struggle! We'll all work through this together. :)
ReplyDeleteI thought of the same scene in the Passion, TCIE. I think you can't not cry. AYWH, thanks for this post. I don't doubt it makes me a bad Christian (more than a bad Catholic specifically), but I have a really hard time getting through posts where people are all peaceful and offering it up serenely. I don't understand, if people can just do that, why they have blogs. And maybe the reason it gets me is that I used to have that -accepting suffering in faith. Through places a reasonable person might say were darker than this. But I can't do it here. In part, because I don't believe in a happy ending without children - and I don't expect to have children. So I appreciate your Revelation passage. It doesn't often penetrate my consciousness, but there is a time somewhere in the distance when it REALLY won't matter that Mary Beth was a loving mother to twelve beautiful godly children and I couldn't have one.
ReplyDelete(I think I thread-jacked. I'm very sorry.)
ugh, this road isn't easy, is it? It's just not!
ReplyDeleteLike Ann, I'm glad August is over for you!
I'm going to pray for you now instead of writing an uber-long comment like I was going to!
Those words, "I make all things new" really are my most favorite in the entire scriptures.
ReplyDeleteI have always loved it. It speaks to every situation, every season, and every trial in life.
Yes, He makes all things new! Even our hearts, in situations that have not changed (yet).