I am resting comfortably in a hotel room right now! Dr. B discharged me from the hospital around 4 p.m. today. We're not home yet because my parents already had their hotel room tonight near the hospital so we decided to stay here for another night.
I can't believe I'm already out! Originally we were told 2-3 days, and it ended up being only one.
I'm doing really well. I feel great and my pain is under control (taking vicoden and advil). They moved me to solid food around eleven this morning and I've been eating ever since. I was totally looking forward to that! I didn't expect to have solid food today, I was just hoping for full liquids. Boy, I savored that food. And I vowed to never again take a meal for granted after having to starve for two days!
I am up and around and while my abdomen is kind of sore, I can move much more freely than I expected to be able to. Actually, in the middle of Dr. B talking to me, I reached down to pull up my sock and he stopped and pointed out that if I can do things like that, then I'm in really good shape!
My scar looks great. It's thin and narrow and I intend to keep it that way.
He also said that I really only have to be out of commission for like a week. I didn't expect to hear that! Well, I'm really not supposed to drive until I go to a follow-up appointment in two weeks, so I won't be entirely back to normal. But PPVI says you need six weeks to recover from a laparotomy, so this is definitely at a quicker pace. It's not like I'm going to push it though. It's not like I have a job and I don't need to do too much too quickly.
My surgery this time was also much less intensive than my last one. Last time it took around 3 1/2 hours and they removed my appendix, endometriomas from both ovaries, and lots of endo from around my abdomen. This time it was just one ovary and it only took like an hour and a half.
I'll update more later. Now it's time to eat some yummy non-diet food! One of the perks of recovery!
Friday, August 21, 2009
I've been discharged!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
YAY!!!! I am floored by how quickly you are recuperating! I didn't even feel semi-normal until 4-5 weeks, but it definately took the entire 6 to feel like myself again. We are some powerful prayer warriors, for sure! :)
ReplyDeleteSo good to have you "back." And with all of your organs, to boot!
I'm glad you're feeling well!
ReplyDeleteIt is so awesome to hear you so positive!!! I am so happy you are feeling better! Enjoy that hotel and all the great non-diet food!
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear you're doing well and up and about. Enjoy the food!
ReplyDeletewow!!!! what great news! i am so impressed!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that everything went well!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you're doing so well! Even though we finished the St. Michael novena last night, I'm going to keep praying it... here's praying that you continue to just get better each day!
ReplyDeleteK, it was so great to see you last night! You look amazing and I can't believe how quickly you're recovering. I will continue to pray for healing. Praise God for a successful surgery!
ReplyDeleteHonorably, I assume.
ReplyDeleteHey, I didn't know you had the appendectomy/cystectomy/adhesion removal triple header too! (I'll soon be following in your footsteps with the next surgery. God willing I'll have the kind of amazing recovery you're having!
Praise God! I'm am just SO glad you are feeling better. I can't believe things went so well. Will continue to pray that you recover well and maintain this peace.
ReplyDeleteIt was such a treat to meet L! I need to meet you!
Blessings, dear K!
Wish you lots of luck! Please don't worry so much about pregnancy now, your body needs to heal..I have known of some people who got pregnant quickly post-op (endo surgery) and I think perhaps their bodies did not have enough time to heal..babies fine, but maybe mama suffered some....
ReplyDeleteI know the relief you must feel! Always believe God has plans for us...
whew! turned the computer on today JUST to check on how you were doing!
ReplyDeletePraying for your recovery--and thanks to the hubby for the update!
So glad you are doing well and that you got good news from the surgery! Must be great to know exactly what is going on in there - no endo - yeah! I hope you have a speedy recovery.
ReplyDelete