Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Feeling better

Today was much better! Finally, the pain was more manageable and I didn't feel totally out of it. So far today, I took four advil at 8:30 a.m. and three advil at 3:30. That's it. Pretty good, I'd say!

I am still totally bloated and my abdomen hurts whenever I move. I walked more than a mile yesterday and today, believe it or not, and that helped a lot. I got this nifty abdominal binder at the hospital and that helps a lot when I'm up and walking. I'm supposed to be wearing it all the time, but lately I'm lucky if I put it on while sleeping and walking. I need it while walking though. It helps a ton.

I'm eating normally, but tonight I think I overdid it. Eating too much just irritates things and so I need to slow down at times. My stomach feels fine so I forget that gas can still become an issue, as it kind of did tonight.

I know.. totally riveting stuff! Sorry, this is my life right now.

My mom has been cooking and cleaning and waiting on me hand and foot. And, most important of all, she's been great company. I love having her here! I am so blessed to have her, I really am. I don't want her to leave! But my poor father is all alone this week, so he needs her back. Not to mention my grandfather that lives with them. And her dogs. I know she misses the doggies! I am grateful to all of them for letting me have her for this long.

Well I'm tired (big surprise) so I better go to sleep. Tomorrow we might head out to the store for a bit if I feel up to it, so I need my rest!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better. Treasure mom while you have her - she sounds like a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you're feeling better! Your mom is adorable!! Both of your parents are so sweet... I can see where you get all of your great qualities. :) I'm glad that the surgery has given you some good time with your mom. Have fun on your adventure to the store...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better! That gas can be a killer, I still try to eat smaller meals. :) I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you are feeling better and that your mom is there to take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, K, Im just so glad you're doing better. What a wonderful mom you have!

    I literally thought about you a zillion times while I was down in the DC metro area. When I drove to Baltimore I passed signs to go to Richmond and I literally wanted to forget the interview and come find your house! I would have but there just wasn't enough time. I have a feeling I'll be back soon though and I WILL come find you!!
    Take it easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're doing so well!

    those gas pains are horrible! the smaller, frequent meals really help and of course, the walking!

    i caved and bought a b.ella band knockoff and it really helped today. you're so lucky that you got sent home with an abdominal binder!

    you're doing so well! seems like you're recovering so much faster than i am!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome. I can feel a big change happening in this Catho-blogging world... do you feel it?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mom is the sweetest! I wouldn't want her to go if I were you either! Glad you're doing so much better! ;)

    ReplyDelete