Monday, March 30, 2009

Progesterone results

I got my results just now, but apparently the peak +11 results are lost. I called the lab and they gave me a number to give my doctor's office to call, so hopefully that will get cleared up eventually.

Anyways, here they are:

Peak +8: Progesterone - 24.74, Estradiol - 214
Peak +9: Progesterone - 19.76, Estradiol - 351

I would assume that had I actually gotten it drawn on peak +7 like I was supposed to, my progesterone that day would have been pretty high. It might have been similar to last month's peak +7 result of 44, especially since my peak +9 this time is actually higher than my peak +9 last time. (And on a totally random note, I just checked and oddly enough, my peak +11 last time was the same exact number as my peak +9 this time - 19.76. Means nothing, but I just thought that was weird).

I'm still interested to see if it went up or down on peak +11. Hopefully those results aren't lost for good.

So good results, I guess. But they mean nothing since I'm not getting pregnant.

I guess this last cycle was also good because my peak day was day 14 and my luteal phase went 14 days. I guess I can't get down about it because it's not like I've had textbook cycles for a year or anything. I mean, just a few months ago my progesterone was 8.21 on peak +8 and I was ovulating on day 20. I've come pretty far since then. I need to try to remember that.

8 comments:

  1. This seems like good news to me!

    I hope they can find your Peak + 11!

    But your other numbers look great!!!!

    Yes it is good to remember you are just starting to normalize. Remember, it takes the fertiles many months to conceive sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for good hormones! i hope that they find your peak +11 results. how strange that they were lost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sloooow process. It's hard to keep up the optimism when it moves so slowly. I think your cycles sound great, with a lot of improvement. A pg can't be too far behind now (I hope, I hope)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to hear that your numbers are looking good. The fact that you are seeing improvement in your cycles is great and you have good numbers to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are on a whole new path of normalization.

    Maybe that means you are at the bottom of another hill, this time a healthy girl.

    Yay for good hormones! Sew says: Congratulations on making enough estrogen that you are considered female! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous! Your results look so normal. That's AEWSOME! I think my hormones are still a bit screwy, well see. Anyways, why can't they find your P+ 11 blood draw.UGH! I be praying to St. Anthony to help you out :) I hope you hear soon.

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I have a question for you...where do you go to get your blood drawn? I usually go to Hen.rico Dr.s Hospital on Parham, but they always, always give me a hard time. Do you go there too?
    Thanks!
    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber - No, I go to Quest Diagnostics. It's like two minutes from my house. They're great, it's always empty and the one technician talked to me all about her interest in the Catholic Church one day! It'd be about a ten minute drive for you, but they're really nice so it might be worth it. It's just down from the intersection of Robious and Huguenot. You should see if they're covered by your insurance.

    ReplyDelete