I had my peak+8 and peak+9 blood draws this week and I'll go again tomorrow for peak+11. So, after that, the next thing on the horizon for me is finding out the results. Or, starting a new cycle. Whichever comes first.
Of course, I'm hoping the progesterone results come first. I'd like my luteal phase to make it to 15 days again, like it did last cycle. That was so, so nice. Today is day ten, so if it goes eleven days (my norm), that means Friday will be cycle day one. I'd have to make it all the way to next Tuesday to have a 15 day luteal phase. It seems so far away. And I kind of feel like the cycle is ending, but honestly, I have no idea what the symptoms mean anymore. Last cycle I had my normal end-of-cycle symptoms all cycle long!
What I really need to do, though, is stop planning out my cycle. I shouldn't calculate what day I really want to get to, or try to will it to happen. I have no control over it, after all!
So yesterday I decided I kind of hope we get to adopt a boy. That is really surprising for me, because I've only really ever thought about having a girl. It may be because I only have sisters, or maybe because the clothes and accessories are so much cuter for girls. Obviously I just want a BABY at this point - gender preference is a distant, laughable memory - but now I am secretly hoping for a boy. Why? Well, for great reasons, of course! See, not only do I like the boy name we have picked out a lot, but yesterday I found curtain fabric for a boy that I absolutely love. I told you they were good reasons!
I already knew what color we would be painting the walls (it will be gender-neutral), and have always planned on picking everything else out after we know the gender. Other than painting, I don't want to do too much of anything ahead of actually getting the baby anyways, because of the up-in-the-air nature of adoption. I figure we'll wait until we get "the call" and then get everything else. It will be fun! But, I do want a plan, and now I have one for a boy.
I was at a really high-end fabric store yesterday (it's my dream store so I just like to walk around) when I saw the fabric and as soon as I laid eyes on it, I envisioned everything else - colors, bedding, a mural, everything. And we're talking $30 a yard (!!) but there's only one small window and I figure I can get away with two yards. And after going through this whole struggle, let me just tell you, I'm going to buy $30-a-yard fabric and love every minute of it!
Now I just have to come up with a girl plan.
**Update**
Okay, so here is the fabric:
I have ALWAYS loved the little whale design. They just make me happy. And these colors work perfectly. Here's the wall color (or a close proximity) next to the fabric:
Can you tell the whale's eye is green? I love it! So the walls would be green (I even have a fantasy of doing matte green/eggshell green thick horizontal strips, but I know it would be a huge headache to do, I'm sure) with the two blues as accent colors in the room.
And, I should also point out that I am very indecisive. One day I love an idea, the next day I wonder what I was thinking. This plan will probably change multiple times before we actually get a baby.
That sounds great about the boy plan!!!
ReplyDeleteAs I think through whether I would prefer a boy to a girl, I ask myself whether I would prefer attending lots of athletic events or ballet class over the next couple of years. (not to be TOO gender stereotypical!)
Honestly, the thought of P out back tossing a baseball to a little boy seems so fun.
On the other hand, I'd love to do all the girl stuff, too. Boys seem like simpler creatures, though.
I guess I have no preference yet!
I love your boy plan! I too always wanted a girl first and then God gave me a boy name about a year ago and now see myself having a boy first.
ReplyDeleteIt just makes me so happy that you're thinking about this and having fun with it! Sounds like a great plan! :)
ReplyDeletesounds like a great boy plan! did you take a picture of the fabric? i'm so curious.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! It sounds like you have a great plan. I can't wait to see what the fabric will look like. You might not be having to wait for much longer!
ReplyDeleteyou better buy that fabric!!! i can't wait to see it!
ReplyDeleteYay- I'm glad you have a boy plan! I too have always envisioned having a girl but lately have been drawn to the cutest boy things. Of course, I could care less at this point whether we have a boy or girl- IF we get to be parents at all is my main concern now :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see these curtains. PS. I have lost 35lbs on this low GI diet so far- just 14 more to go. I just want to say thanks because your success has helped inspire me!
You deserve fabric worth way more than $30 per yard! At this point, you should get whatever fabric you want! Will you post the pattern?
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't even blink an eye at the price! I bet your mom would buy it for you! ;)
ReplyDeleteDon't tell me you didn't think of it already! :) hahahaha I just said it! :) Hi Mom! ;)
Great plan! Glad to see things are smoothing out for you right now. :)
I always had a preferance then I became infertile. Now I don't care, but dang, to sew for a girl is out of this world. But sewing for boys can work, he will just be young and metrosexual! ;)
Awesome! I am so glad you are in a good place to plan, I just can't bring myself to be there, yet. I always thought that we would have a boy first, too. DH is one of 3 boys. I have plenty of boy names I really like.
ReplyDeleteHa ha Lifehopes- can you imagine M in ballet class??? I'm not seeing it! Maybe drum lessons :)
ReplyDeleteK, I can't wait to see the fabric!
I really would like a boy first... I think because he would be the 1st boy in the family in a LONG time (I am the youngest of 4 girls, DH is the youngest, and the only boy. Our sisters only have daughters!)
ReplyDeleteOf course, growing up I always wanted girls, b/c like you said I knew girls much better than I knew boys with only sisters. But I just can't wait to hold a cute little boy :)
But, with my luck, I REALLY LOVE my girls' names... and only have 1 good boy's name. Bummer.
That is a cute pattern! Yes, I can see that the eyes are green, it's a great match.
ReplyDeleteI love it!!!! Everything about it! Love, love, love it!
ReplyDeletePERFECT I love it!!!
ReplyDeletewhat cute fabric! it's perfect!
ReplyDeleteYou're right, Sew! I would pay for the fabric. You must know me! I'm so proud of my girl, what a great attitude!
ReplyDeleteHi Hope's Mom! :) You have a lot to be proud of! I know that she is not only an inspiration to me but many others in this little infertile blog world!!
ReplyDeleteBTW: I knew you would! ;) haha!
The fabric is so cute. I love the whales! The green walls would go great with blue accents. What a fun place to be . . .I have a friend who prepared the nursery before they even started the adoption process. The walls are mint green, light blue, and a slightly darker blue with gender neutral blues and greens on the bedding. They then started the adoption process on 10/1/07 and were blessed with a beautiful little girl on 7/1/08, exactly nine months later! She loves her room and your baby will too! All this talk about boy's names is making me curious :) Have fun planning!
ReplyDeleteOoh, I love the little whales! I like the idea of stripes, too!
ReplyDelete