Monday, March 2, 2009

Still waiting

Well I never heard back from my doctor's office today. Ryan keeps telling me they were probably swamped from being closed this morning. 

Emotionally, I'm fine, just having a difficult time with patience. I just want to hear so badly what my doctor has to say. Hopefully I'll know more tomorrow.

Physically, I was sick all day. I spent the whole day on the couch feeling completely out of it - achy, headache, stomach pains and indigestion, and napping on and off. I took some advil this evening and started to feel a little better.

To answer a question from my last post...My bbt did drop this morning. I knew as soon as I saw it that I was about to start a new cycle. It was 97.8, I think.

I'll probably reflect more on everything once I know what, if anything, actually happened, but I will say that I never had my hopes up that I was pregnant. I was super cautious and never celebrated or got excited. Looking back on it now, I kind of wish I had at least been a little surprised at what I thought was a positive test, but I wasn't. At all. I was completely matter-of-fact about it and when my husband said he couldn't see it, I let it go. Not having tested in so long, I guess I forgot that you don't ever get confused about a negative test. It's always obviously negative, and I didn't really remember that until I saw the negative test on Sunday morning.

So I threw away the test and decided to wait til the next morning to test again. I was hopeful, but at that point, the first test wasn't causing me to have hope, it was more the rising progesterone and the lack of a new cycle starting. Then, when it started to sink in that a very, very faint line might be a positive, I was still cautious. Overall, I was in a good mood, but every few seconds it would shift and I'd be telling myself I was nuts for thinking there was a chance. The best way to describe it is to say it's like a limbo - you think there might be a chance, and you don't want to take a pregnancy test to prove otherwise; you like the good mood the hopefulness is causing. I've experienced that limbo many times before, even on months when nothing out of the ordinary has happened (which I always thought was odd, since outwardly I thought I was unable to hope). This time, that's actually what kept me from taking a second test that day. Now I kind of wish I had.

Okay, I'm going to post the picture of the test, but keep in mind, I just took it and it's been sitting around for like 48 hours now. It was much more faint in the few minutes after I first took the test, but I will say that it started to get darker about an hour after (at least that's when I next checked it) and it has stayed the same since that time.

Again, I am completely aware that you are not supposed to look at a test after the ten minute time limit. The reason I want to show you the test is because I want to point out what was visible before the ten minutes were up.



I told you it was faint!! The arrow is pointing to the faint line that was visible before the ten minutes were up. At that point it was a thin line, kind of like a series of dots, but I knew even then that it was the left-hand side of a still invisible thicker line. (You'll probably have to click on the picture to enlarge it in order to see what I'm talking about)

I'm really hoping that I get a call tomorrow from my doctor's office, but I'm praying for patience if that is not to be.

12 comments:

  1. This whole thing has been so bizarre!! I am sorry I have been MIA for it all.

    I am slowly emerging today from what felt like a coma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NEVER in my life seen any sort of line EVER!

    Nope you are not crazy! Never thought you were! I agree with LH bizarre!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You aren't crazy I experienced the same situation. Just under a year ago my luteal phase was longer then normal so I tested and a faint line appeared, then I tested the next day again and it was really faint, you could barely tell, then my period came the following day, it was a bit heavier than normal, just a bit. I believe it could have been a pregnancy that just didn't take. I never did find out, I didn't know who to ask since I was just starting to chart.

    You are in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a lurker and wanted to de-lurk and let you know that I'm sorry that this cycle didn't work out and that those +/- tests are bad news. I've gotten at test that looked like that too and I knew I wasn't pregnant, but it was hard to have that little hint of a line staring back at me. If you've never been to www.peeonastick.com you should go and read about those +/- tests (http://www.peeonastick.com/hpt/+.html).

    I hope you have better luck this cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do see what you are talking about. I hate when we have those tricks played on us. is your period normal?
    can't wait to hear from Drs office...I'm guessing you had a beta run?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really hope that your doctor calls you soon! the suspense must be driving you nuts!

    you're not crazy, it's just a very strange situation. please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No call from my doctor yet! How many days after the fact can they even do the test?

    Amanda - Thanks for de-lurking! I read that info on that website over the weekend (that's a great site!), and I normally wouldn't trust that faint line at all.. it's just because it was in combination with my rising progesterone and my luteal phase being four days longer than normal. I'm definitely going to stay away from those tests in the future though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd call the doctors office again, because *if* you were pregnant, your HcG levels drop pretty rapidly after a normal and early miscarriage. You should get the bloodwork done today, asap. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, call again.

    Still praying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    I just wanted to let you know that I read in a book recently, "Is your Body Baby-Friendly" by Dr. Alan Beer that if you take a home pregnancy test wait up until an hour has passed for the results. If positive then have a blood test done immediatley. Also, he recommends testing days before a missed period just so that you don't miss any pregnancy...I certainly believe that you see a + test. It is so obvious in your picture. I am praying for you and hoping you get some answer soon from your Dr.!
    Many prayers,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. i see it! i see it!
    I think this Lent is going to be so good for your soul.
    Ha... i have no idea why, I just think that God is gearing up for big things for you!

    Prayers, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have prayed so hard for you over the past few months. I have had funky test results and it's okay and you are right to be cautious. I will offer up my "yucky cramps" for you. I had a temp drop and was preg in 2007. Just an fyi...

    ReplyDelete
  12. i totally get what you are going through as this is what i've been going through this weekend as well. not exactly the same situation but similar. Praying for you girl!

    ReplyDelete