Friday, March 13, 2009

Catching up

I am exhausted! I usually get up around ten a.m. (I know, it's a charmed life), but lately I've had a few early mornings in a row and tomorrow will be another one. And last night was a late night thanks to Syracuse. You might have seen it on, oh, the Nightly News tonight - they went to six over-times, making it one of the longest and most memorable games in the history of college basketball! (And it helps that they won) There are even shirts already:


So I'm watching tonight's game right now, barely able to keep my eyes open. Actually, it's half time at the moment, so before I get back to the game, I thought I'd catch you all up to speed on my fascinating life.

* My car broke down today. I was parallel parking outside the abortion clinic when all of a sudden it wouldn't change gears. Thankfully, I was pretty much in the spot when it happened and not sticking out in traffic or anything. It could have been really bad but it ended up being only kind of bad - it'll cost $500 to fix, but that means it's worth fixing. See, we're on borrowed time. It's been paid off for years (and we didn't even do the paying...it was my mother's car) and we are just praying that it makes it to August when Ryan's car is paid off. For a few hours today I thought I'd have to get some tips from Lifehopes on how to survive with only one vehicle!

* In cycle news, I'm on cycle day 12 today and so far have had very little mucus. Well, I've had several days of it already, but I only see it once, maybe twice, a day. Get going B6!

* I bought a bathing suit. And while I ended up buying it online, I didn't get to avoid actually trying some on in a store. While that's usually torture only equal to the dentist's office for me (okay, nothing's as bad as the dentist), this year it was actually fun. Really! Ryan and I went to actually cheer me up one day. Well, I shouldn't make it sound too good - I still have to get one of those bottoms with the skirt attached, but last year I couldn't even stomach myself in one of those! So this is really monumental. I also did something else monumental this week - I bought and wore shorts. That might not sound like a big deal, but it's something I haven't done since probably high school. Mind you, they are the bermuda shorts that are just above the knee, but it's still a big deal for me.

* Our support group is meeting tomorrow morning and it sounds like we'll have two new women. I have to get a ride, of course, since I don't have a car. Did I also mention I lost my keys a few days ago? Maybe someone doesn't want me to drive...

I feel like there was something else I was going to tell you... Hmmm...

Well, I've got to get back to the game now. Go Cuse!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha... love the hodge-podge post. I was totally thinking of you when I heard about the Syracuse game! (Not that I stayed up for it, I heard it on the news the next morning.) So exciting! Apparently you guys had another overtime last night! True March Madness.

    Sorry about your car. Thankfully you can nurse it along for a bit longer. We were doing that until this past January when we bought the new car. Unfortunately we couldn't keep our old one going for any longer.

    Keep us posted on your cycle. And let me know when you have your next doctor's appointment. I totally want to hang out again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippee for bathing suit shopping! That is aweseom!!!! Congratulations! And about the shorts! You go girl! I know what you mean about shorts. They just don't look good on me. ?? But I love the bermuda shorts desperately, I think they are so cute!!!

    Your car will make it! ;) Thinking positively for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete