Well my temp was up this morning! Believe me when I say I don't obsess over temping, but when things do what they're supposed to, it makes my day.
That means my peak day was day 16. Other good news - seven days of mucus this time, rather than the twelve I had last month, which was a bit excessive.
So now I'm once again in the two-week wait. I was going to list a bunch of hopes for my cycle (lasts 14 days, no spotting, high temp) but I'm not going to (well, technically, I just did). I'm leaving it in God's hands. He knows I want a pregnancy at some point, and I trust that everything is now working towards that. I'm not going to stress over the small things along the way. Or at least try not to.
*************************
Monday was our second home study meeting. It went well. We were asked tons of questions about each of our families, our relationships with them, our childhood, how we were disciplined, what makes us happy, sad, how we dealt with a death of someone close to us, etc., etc.
We turned in most of our paperwork. Still left to do - the birthmother letter, a description of our daily/weekly schedules, three pictures of us, some DMV form we haven't done yet, and our physicals. Mine isn't until Dec. 29, so that kind of slows things down. And Ryan hasn't even scheduled his yet (speaking of which, if you are reading this, please call!).
Our next and final meeting is Dec. 8, and this one is at our home. The cleaning is weighing on me like a ton of bricks.
*************************
I also just wanted to say something I've been thinking a lot about lately. I recently have heard from a lot of you who are dealing with very abnormal cycles. Many of you only have a few cycles a year, bleed for months at a time, or just the opposite. I worry that when you read my blog, about my so-called problems, things that seem silly in comparison (like mucus only once a day, my temp not rising right away, or a 12-day luteal phase) it may make you feel bad. I truly hope this is not the case, and I am going to do my best in the future to be more sensitive.
And let's also remember that you could easily get pregnant before me! We all know that there is no rhyme or reason to any of this, other than that God is in charge.
So anyways, I just want you to know that I'll keep praying for all of you every day. I hope that you all find a diagnosis, a treatment plan and, most importantly, health!
Friday, November 21, 2008
The back stretch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's funny you mention the cleaning part of getting ready for the home study.
ReplyDeleteWhenever I hear "home study" I always picture some kind of British nanny figure inspecting my bathrooms and counters with a microscope!!!
Terrifying!
I may have to just move before I ever have a homestudy. Seriously. My house is beyond just a good cleaning. Now, if they wanted to do a UTERINE study, on the other hand, I'm ready for that!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to hear you sounding so hopeful these days. It is so refreshing to see so many of us getting our health and our cycles back on track, and I know we are all on our way to VERY good things.
Cleaning Tip:
ReplyDeleteGo out and get some "Kaboom," if you don't already have it.
An old roommate introduced me to it once. It gets the dirtiest bathrooms sparkling clean. (especially mold or mildew in tiles)
Warning: This stuff's potent (I hope it's not toxic!) so where some thick rubber gloves and be sure to rinse your tub out really well afterwards!
I hope you know that your sharing your cycles does not upset me in the least! In fact, it gives me hope that with a low-GI diet and dedication I'll be able to positively influence mine!
ReplyDeleteEither way...we're in the same boat. Two women who just really want to get pregnant and grow their family...that's what matters :)
On another note- when my husband and I discuss adoption the dreaded homestudy stops us in our tracks. It freezes me in fear...the cleaning would be, ugh...I can't even go there. I can't wait to hear about yours!
Oh and great news about your temp going up!!!
ReplyDeleteAh, the home visit scares me, too! Your house always looks so pretty (and clean!) in your pictures. I'm glad your temp went up, too!
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to take a moment to let you know how thankful I am that I ran across your blogg almost a month ago. Since that time I have seen several other ladies who are daily taking up their cross (infertlity) and giving all the glory to God. I have no doubt that you will one day conceive and bear a child that you will love with your whole heart, but I can't help but wonder what God has in mind for your family as he continues to open doors to adoption for you and your husband! When I read that your third and final Home Study Meeting will be on Dec. 8, I got so excited for you! This is one of my favorite feast days, The Feast of the Immaculate Conception! I know that God will be with you, your husband, and the social worker on that day in a very powerful way! If adoption is part of God's plan for your family, nothing will stand in the way! Not even a little clutter or whatever it is that has you concerned about having your house super clean! This will probably be the cleanest your house will ever be, considering you will soon be adding little ones to the household in the near future! I hope this is lifting your spirits! I truly admire you for taking such a leap of faith in pursuing adoption, when you are still allowing God to transform your heart to accepting His will for your life!
ReplyDeleteI don't mind hearing about your cycles, even if they are totally better than mine (lol). It gives me hope, and comfort that I'm not the only person out there obsessing over every little detail.
ReplyDeleteAlthough, I do sometimes giggle, and think that you seem so very worried about the little things in your chart, much more worried than I am, and my cycles are so......so non-existent, lol. (But then, I remind myself that you are hoping for a child, which I am not, so that's probably it!!)
But I love seeing pictures of your charts!! Someday, I hope my charts can look at least slightly similar to that. (At least they've improved slightly with treatment; they used to be nothing but red stickers......now I have red AND yellow and white!!)
I thought the same thing re: Dec 8!
ReplyDeleteGood luck, don't obsess. Seriously, they are *not* looking for Beaver Cleaver's home.
They are, as our social worker said, just dropping by to make sure there aren't any chainsaws in the middle of the living room floor.
Trust, trust, trust!
:)