Just a quick cycle update before I get into my pictures of Thanksgiving...It's cycle day 25 and today is nine days past ovulation. My temp was up nice and high until two days ago it dropped to 97.7. This happened last month as well, dropping at about the same time for one day, then rising again. I'm not exactly sure why, but when I googled it I found stuff that said it can be due to an estrogen surge that doesn't necessarily mean you're pregnant (hence, me last month). It probably was back up today, but I got up way too early for it to be accurate.
My bbs have been sore this week, which is good, I guess, since they haven't been for as long as I can remember. The only other thing to report is that on Monday and Tuesday I had a stabbing pain that lasted less than 30 seconds. It happened once each day. The pain was very low, in the middle. I'm not sure what that was, unless it might have been gas related. Everything with me is either related to my cycle or gas. Take your pick.
So I started out Thankgiving morning with some good news - I stepped on the scale to discover I had finally hit the forty pound mark. I knew it wouldn't last long, though, with a big meal just hours away. Speaking of which, my low G.I. Thanksgiving was delicious. Low fat it was not. I used four sticks of butter total in the meal, but the good news is there were a lot of leftovers, so it's not like Ryan and I ate two sticks of butter each. But we probably will over the next three days.
I took this picture to show you that I wasn't kidding about using butter...real butter:
(And, let's be honest - this was only a portion of the butter that went in with the onion and celery for the stuffing!) It's my motto in action: Cheat with fat, not with the "white stuff" (white flour, sugar, etc., etc.). While the author of the low G.I. book encourages the low-fat part of the diet as well, that's not crucial for my hormones. So when I want to cheat, that's how I do it. Plus, I should really be maintaining at this point, anyways.
More butter, and the big slab of cheese is 2% milk Velveeta. They are melting for my broccoli casserole. Mmmmm.
Here's me putting in the turkey, glad that the worst of it was over. And, no, I was not in a house full of family and friends who took this picture. It was just me and the self-timer on the camera (I know, very dorky). I'm glad no one was around, actually, so they didn't have to hear me wimper in fear as I prepped the bird.
The spread. My sweet potato casserole (with Splenda) is on the left. It overflowed in the oven, as you can see (and, if I do say so myself, it was delicious and should make appearances on more than just holidays! I'll post the recipe in the future). Next, my mashed potatoes made with new potatoes (not necessarily low G.I. because they are mashed, but a better option than regular). Stuffing made with wheat bread is above and next to the potatoes. Above the big stuffing is the broccoli casserole (the topping is made with wheat crackers). And above the turkey is the gravy made with white wheat flour.
Poor Ryan had horrible back pain as we ate, and I'm sure he wasn't letting on to just how bad it really was (the back pain, not the food). We both got full really fast, since our stomachs are not what they used to be!
We had a great night (thanks to pain pills for him), and then today I got up early for some black Friday shopping. Believe it or not, it was my first-ever black Friday experience, at least as far as I can remember. And now I see the attraction - I got some good deals! Although I was seriously loopy by 2 p.m. (and I should also point out I got up at 6:20; I didn't exactly do any "door busting").
Then my in-laws stopped at our house tonight to pick up the dogs. I don't know if I mentioned it on here before, but my sister-in-law just discovered my blog and it has been a huge blessing. She has stepped up her prayers for us and we couldn't appreciate it more. So tonight before she left, she was SO sweet and prayed with me for us to have a baby. Let's hope her increased prayers lately will be what puts us over the top!!
I'm exhausted so I'm going to go rest now, with a new fancy Pott.ery Barn throw I bought today with a gift card I've been hoarding for almost a year. Before I do, though, I'm going to go raid the leftovers. Writing about them got me hungry!
P.S. Could you please say some prayers for my mother? She has c-dif.f (period added by me, not part of the name, in case you're curious), which is a type of superbug (wikipedia describes it as follows: It is a severe infection of the colon, often happening after normal gut flora is eradicated by use of antibiotics). She contracted it while on heavy antibiotics for an absessed tooth. Well, after being sick for a couple weeks earlier this month, she thought it was under control, but she's sick again. Any prayers you could say on her behalf would be much appreciated!
i'm glad you had a great thanksgiving!
ReplyDeletewas thinking of you!
That spreads looks beautiful and looks like enough food for 10 people!!! I am so glad you reached your 40lb mark, is that your goal?? I can't remember.
ReplyDeleteAny ways, congratulations again!
congrats on 40pd mark! Real butter is the only way! :) I love it! Your body knows how to process real butter not margarine. C-Diff is a nasty, nasty, nasty virus. I am so sorry to hear she is suffering so much! Wish I could have joined your for dinner. We ate eggs. :( Your husband looks like, stop with the blog pics and can we just eat already???
ReplyDeleteYour Thanksgiving looked delicious! I'll be praying for your Mom- that sounds miserable and frustrating.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 40 lbs!
The 40 lb mark is a HUGE milestone. Way to go! I was in charge of apple pie this year, so I made the crust with whole-wheat flour. The family loved it! Next time I will use brown sugar instead of white sugar with the apples, since the crust went over so well.
ReplyDeleteWow, looks like a great dinner! And I'm a bit slow on your last post, but dang--is there nothing you can't do? :) I mean, you make films, paint, cook, sew . . . wow! I'll be praying for your mom, too!
ReplyDeleteDitto to everyone's comments! I'm impressed with your committment to the low GI diet... I am so weak when it comes to food! Your spread looks delicious and I seriously can't believe you've lost 40 lbs. That is SO impressive! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the 40 lb. mark!! You look amazing!
ReplyDeleteWe are honored to be praying for you! We can't wait until we can all praise the Lord together because of a pregnancy!