I just wanted to share with you a song I love, that makes me tear up. It's really beautiful, and although it's not intended to, it can totally relate to infertility (I know, shocking that something reminded me of infertility).
Specifically, the line "you make all things new" really speaks to me about God's healing power. Those of us struggling with this all want to be made new right now - whether that means our bodies, our hearts, or our whole lives. This song reminds me that we will be made new - our lives will change and the suffering will be replaced with joy. That's what God does, and what he wants to do for us.
Here's the passage from Revelations:
“Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth. The former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. I also saw the holy city, a new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Behold, God's dwelling is with the human race. He will dwell with them and they will be his people and God himself will always be with them (as their God). He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain, (for) the old order has passed away." The one who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." Then he said, "Write these words down, for they are trustworthy and true.” He said to me, "They are accomplished. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give a gift from the spring of life-giving water.” (Revelation 21:1-5)
God will always be with us. He will wipe every tear from our eyes. He makes all things new.
thanks for your comments... you are the sweetest.... i wish i could meet you!
ReplyDeleteThis is perhaps the best Bible passage ever. It is my only hope right now.
ReplyDelete(and especially today, when my temp is going down and I am feeling extremely depressed.)
oh my gosh, can you remind me of the singer? I'm OBSESSED with the song!
ReplyDeleteBrooke Fraser. She has an AMAZING voice! I love everything she sings. You should google her song Albertine.
ReplyDeleteHi Karey,
ReplyDelete1) Do you do the Creighton method? And you take your temp too every day? Where can I learn how to take my temp and figure out if I have ovulated by taking my temp?
2) Have you ever tried the fertility monitor? I am thinking of purchasing this item, but it's a little expensive. Has anybody here ever used it??
I weighed myself this morning and I now have lost twenty one pounds! Yeah!
Thank you so much for telling us about Angela at the St. Gianna shrine and her offer. She is very sweet. Have you met her? I'd love to hear more about your visit to the St. Gianna shrine? Hubby and I are hoping to be able to go on St. Gianna's feast day.
May God Bless you.
Love,
Maria
prayrosary4life@aol.com
Maria Therese - Congrats on the weight loss! That's amazing!
ReplyDeleteYes, I do use Creighton charting. I only take my temp because I had to take it when PPVI was doing daily monitoring of my T3 medication (for thyroid) and even when I no longer had to do it, I just got in the habit of it. As for monitoring your bbt for ovulation, it should rise at least a point or two around the time of ovulation. I never learned how to do it officially, so that's all I know. Creighton doesn't use it for a reason, I'm sure. But I just like to use it for fun.
I haven't tried the fertility monitor. It wouldn't have worked back when I had endo, I assume, since I probably wasn't even ovulating. It might work for me now, but charting does the same thing (detect fertile days) and for a lot less money!
I have met Angela twice in person. She's great! And I did blog about my most recent trip to the shrine: http://allyouwhohope.blogspot.com/2008/05/
three-shrines-in-one-day.html
Karey, thanks for your reply!
ReplyDeleteIs it true that if you have endometriosis you might not be ovulating? May I ask did the Pope Paul Institute say this? Has anyone here with endometriosis ever heard this from the doctor??
I have no idea if I'm ovulating or not. I do get some mucus (which my napro tech doctor says tells him that an ovulatatory event is happening), but do you think you can still get mucus and not release eggs?
I have stage four endometriosis. My Napro tech doctor read my surgery report and told me that the secular doctor who did my surgery did not do a good job at "cleaning" the endo out of me. So when I return on Dec. 5th he wants to talk to me about seeing this other doctor about a second surgery.
I am going to find out if we can have Dr. Hilgers do the surgery. I know he will do a good job and do it right.
By the way Karey, I heard from a lady who has suffered from infertility and pcos this week. The doctors found out she had some sort of a thyroid condition, they gave her medicine to treat it, and she just found out she is pregnant!
Karey,it sounds like your cycle is getting better and better. I am sure that you will be able to conceive soon!
As a friend told me, the fruit of the womb is the Lord's reward and if we set our sights on Jesus He will give us the desires of our heart. You are doing all the right things - praying, reading your Bible, taking care of your health. I am sure you will have your baby soon!!
You and everyone here are in my thoughts and prayers.
May God Bless us all.
prayrosary4life@aol.com
Maria
Maria - Dr. Hilgers told me I wasn't ovulating. I had endometriomas on both ovaries, and so there was no way eggs were getting out (I don't know if that's technically what happens, but let's just say my ovaries were in rough shape). It's not the same for everyone though. In my case, I had mucus every cycle, but still wasn't ovulating, so it is possible to have it and not ovulate. And I had an "ovulatory event" each month.. my cycles mimicked somewhat normal cycles, in the sense that they were 25-40 days long and I got a period each time.
ReplyDelete