Friday, November 7, 2008

Blood test result

My peak +7 progesterone level was perfect! I called my doctor's office today, and they called me back this evening with the result. 

I'm not even going to wonder whether I should have gotten it tested later in my cycle as well, or if the +7 can be fine yet there still be a problem, or what the level was (I didn't think to ask). I'm going to trust my doctor that he knows what he is doing (he's really an amazing doctor, so I have no trouble trusting him) and I'm going to be super excited that it was perfect!

14 comments:

  1. Yay for perfection!!! I swear, any day now... you'll be posting about perfect u/ss :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great.

    Hey I was just reading your comment on Sew Infertile and I have a question for you AND Lifehopes. (I know she'll read this on here) What is the difference b/t how a "regular" doctor treats endo and a "napro" doctor? I had a regular doctor, including lupron for 3 months before my second surgery. Why is napro better? Why is lupron bad? (I would never want to be on it again, and not for more than 3 months, but I'm glad I was on it that time!) Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I'm so glad your results were good! "Perfect" is a good word to hear from your doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth - I am not at all up on this, but I know Dr. Hilgers talked to us about the negative effects many women have with lupron. He even told us that there's an anti-lupron website women have created to discuss the negative effects. Other than that, though, I'm not sure!

    When I was commenting on Sew Infertile's post, I knew she had just started with Creighton and I thought she was possibly leaving that to go to an IVF dr who also did surgeries (I didn't yet know that she was talking about Lifehope's surgeon!). I just have learned through the last four years that often secular doctors will not go as far as napro docs to find and treat the problem, especially if there are other issues going on other than endo(like with me). Otherwise, they often stop short of many methods napro docs use and just recommend IVF. A fertility spec. I went to a few years ago, and who first told me I had endo, definitely would have told me IVF was my only option once he saw I wasn't getting pregnant after surgery (he also told us he would only do a 45 minute surgery and whatever he couldn't get within that time he'd have to leave, because that's all insurance covered! But that's another story.) Obviously, not all non-napro doctors/surgeons are like that, but at least with a napro doctor you know what you're getting.

    Now obviously millions of women have gotten pregnant after surgeries with non-napro docs, and I'm definitely an example of someone who has gone the napro route and hasn't had success! So someone could definitely make the opposite argument I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great news! You have done such a great job getting to where you are right now! That is fantastic! Go perfect Progesterone!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY- I am so excited your test was normal. That is a HUGE accomplishment (as I'm sure you know :)

    As someone who is doing the low GI diet to try and regulate my own crazy cycles, how much do you think the metformin is helping? My previous doctor had told me he just wanted to do Clomid and go from there. But I decided I wanted to try to fix things and change my diet...then look into meds if necessary.

    He said he would not prescribe metformin (if needed)until I had unsuccessful cycles with just Clomid. Is this typical?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the answer! I guess I got really lucky with my doctor - he was very thorough. And actually everyone I know who has gone to him has gotten pregnant. Honestly though, I would NEVER want to be on Lupron again - it was NOT fun (for me OR ken!)

    My doc I know does IVF but he never even mentioned it to me. He was very positive that I would conceive and we LOVE him.

    We don't even have a napro doc around here, unfortunately, but honestly I'm so glad I went to the doc that I did. We do have someone at our church that teaches the creighton method, and we went to the introductory session, but decided not to continue with the classes b/c even if we found out what was wrong from the charting, we didn't have a doc within 300 miles that knew what the charts meant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yeah and one more thing about my doc. before we conceived this baby, I went to him since I hadn't gotten pregnant in 15 months after M was born and was getting a little worried. He prescribed Letrozole, u/s monitoring, hcg injection, and progesterone, which Lifehopes said was exactly what he should do. I didn't end up doing any of that except the progesterone b/c I was still nursing M, but I definetly will go back to him if I ever need to!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what great news!!!!! hopefully at my next appointment my napro doc will tell me the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!!!!!

    I am so happy about this result!!

    I am getting more and more excited for you with each passing day!!!

    Seriously!! Your body is restored!!!
    I JUST KNOW IT!!!

    Oh I pray that this is your cycle!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you, things are starting to go in your favor, you should be really proud of your self. it's amazing your results!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! I do think it's only a matter of time that you will be achieve a pregnancy! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

    I looked at your charts, but I'm a bit confused. What does "B + 1" mean? Also does this happen to any of you other ladies with endometriosis? My time of the month usually lasts inbetween three to five days, but then on day four and five I get very light light spotting. How do you mark that on the chart? Do I mark that as part of my time of the month?
    Also, do you ladies with endometriosis often feel pain or rather an ache from your ovaries? During your time of the month, when it's ending, and during ovulation time? Is this common??
    Oh and when the VL spotting happens at the end of your cycle, which signals the start of your time of the month, do you include that as the end of your cycle or at the beginning of a new one? I am sorry, but I'm confused!


    All you who hope, I have one more question for you. Do you drink any drinks with sugar? Or just water? I have lost 20 pounds so far, but I think if I totally gave up my craving for sugary drinks (arizona ice tea - yumm) I would lose even more. The problem is, I don't like plain water - it has to be flavored water and ice cold.

    Thanks so much for anwering. I'm just trying to understand how to chart correctly. Also I have learned so much from you and find the fact that you have lost 40 pounds and your cycles and hormones have improved so much very inspiring and encouraging.

    On Friday one of my co-workers (who is twenty three and pregnant)told me how her mother in law had endometriosis when she was in her thirties, but she was told by her doctor back then that she wouldn't be able to concieve and diet wouldn't help any. This co-worker told me that because I am forty two and have endometriosis stage four that she doubts I will be able to have the baby I want so much and my having lost 20 pounds so far probably won't help any. She told me it was the endometriosis causing my problem. She told me that I should just do what her mother in law did and just try to adopt.

    I feel like when people tell me these things that it takes away the little hope I still have managed to hold on to. Do you know what I mean??

    Tonight hubby and I agreed that if we can afford it, we are going to see if Dr. Hilgers can do my next surgery. I know he will do a good and thorough job of getting rid of the endometriosis. I was told by my new napro doctor who is excellent that the guy who did my first surgery in February didn't do a good job at all and more surgery is in my future!

    Praying for all you ladies and your intentions.

    May God Bless us all.
    Maria
    prayrosary4life@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maria - To answer your questions - "B x1" means brown or black bleeding (spotting), one time. As far as I know, for me at least, this didn't have anything to do with endometriosis, since mine has been removed. I believe my spotting had to do with my PCOS, and just my hormones being off due to it. I'm pretty sure it can also mean there's an infection.

    I do not drink any drinks with sugar. I am on a very low-sugar diet (it's actually to treat my PCOS, not endometriosis.. but I there are diets designed specifically for endo). Have you tried crystal light or anything thing like that to flavor your water? I'm not sure if you like to use artificial sweeteners or not, some people don't. I mainly drink water, and diet soda at times.

    I'm sorry to hear that you may need another surgery. If you have to have one, Dr. Hilgers is a great surgeon to go to. I've been to Omaha twice for surgeries. Let me know if you do, I can give you some advice on where to stay, etc.

    I'm also sorry to hear that your co-worker said that to you. Just remember, everything is possible with God. We may never conceive, but there's also the possibility that we may, and only God knows if that will happen.

    ReplyDelete