Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cycle update

I'm procrastinating. I'm supposed to be working on my new website, but instead I am about to post all the minute details of my current cycle for you. I know... just what you've been waiting for.


Below is my basal body temperature chart to date. According to my chart, my peak-day was on day 17. As a side-note, because I sometimes have excess mucus, my Creighton instructor sometimes will have me identify my peak day as the last day that I see the most clear peak-type mucus (I don't chart it any differently.. day 17 would still be charted as peak.. but I just keep it in mind). That day was day 15. Anways, click on my chart to make it larger.



Now that my prolactin is normal, my diet is hopefully helping my PCOS and my endometriosis is gone, I hope that I may one day ovulate. Unfortunately, I didn't chart my bbt in past months, so I have nothing to compare the chart above to. As I know all too well from positive OPKs, it can appear that you are ovulating even when you are not. If I had been charting throughout the last year and my temps had been all over the place, then this chart would be more encouraging.


So today is cycle day 22. I had seven days of peak-type mucus followed by four dry days. That's definitely more "normal" than what I've experienced in the past and normal is good! The only thing abnormal about this cycle so far is that I had nine days of red stickers, the first two and last two of which were brown spotting. Plus all that pain mid-cycle.


Today I started my new, higher dose of T3. I'm now up to 22.5 which is the highest they'll have you go. Let me just say that I CANNOT WAIT to stop this medication. Just a few short months ago I wasn't on any medication and couldn't wait be on something, anything. I swore I wouldn't complain about it. Well, I've tried to be good about it, but this T3 just completely interferes with my life. I can't eat for six hours a day. I take my temperature four times a day, my pulse three times a day. I have to take my folder that holds my thermometer and temperature chart with me everywhere. It never leaves my side. Not to mention my husband hates that I have to take it. Ever since my new doctor said he thinks I'm part of the study simply because they need people (he doesn't think it's hurting me and may in fact help me, but he doesn't think I'm really a candidate), my husband has been against it. He hates that it rules my life and that we have to pay $40 a month for the drugs. Oh and there's the fact that none of my "symptoms" have changes whatsoever. I don't feel any differently since starting it. I really hope that my new doctor takes me off of it at my appointment in two weeks.


Well I'm now off to work. Feel free to let me know if you think I might have ovulated according to my bbt chart (or if you think I didn't. I can take it). By the way, my friends' baby was born last night and they are picking him up tomorrow! Thank you for your prayers thus far and if you get a chance, please pray for the birthmother.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful news for your friend! Both them and the birthmother (and the baby) are in my prayers.

    I definately think you ovulated. Based on the peak-type mucus that changed dramatically to dry, your elevated temps after day 16, and your mid-cycle "pain" (I think it was O pain!), I'd say you did!! Congrats!!

    Oh, and I think the dryness post-peak is a good sign. I'm always looking for it myself (I'm a 6PC gal usually, in the post-peak), because in early pg people say it tends to be "dry" days. I haven't been so lucky, but then again since PC is vaginal, maybe I still have a chance.

    I can't wait for you to test! This is like your first official "shot" at TTC since the surgery, with a veritable ovulation and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad that the baby is here! yay!

    i'm hoping that this cycle, with the help of the progesterone, that i will have dry days finally and hopefully a period that doesn't last for fourteen days!

    can't wait for you to test! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it frustrating when it seems others have a very easy time becoming pregnant and you on the other hand have been trying for almost a year and you haven't been able to get pregnant once?! I know how you feel!

    My name is Maria Therese. I met my husband on a Catholic Singles website and we were married on June 16th 2007, the Feast of the Imaculate Heart of Mary. Our 1st wedding anniversary is this coming Monday. I am almost 42 and my husband is almost 44.

    I long so much to be a mommy and to hold a little baby in my arms. We have been trying to get pregnant ever since we were married last June. My previous doctor told me that although I was almost 41 at the time of marriage, she thought I wouldn't have any trouble being able to concieve. When I told her a couple of years ago that my periods were pretty painful she told me to take three Aleve.

    A couple of years ago they found a cyst on my ovary. It was removed on February 12th (Actually by that time I had two cysts - one on each ovary!). I was told for months they "didn't know what the cyst was", "it could be cancer", ect. and so I was pretty stressed out. What made me the most upset though was being told that they might have to remove the ovary with the cyst in surgery. When I found out I had two cysts right before surgery, I freaked - I thought they would have to take out both ovaries.

    Thanks to God and the Blessed Mother (She is my patron saint - I have a devotion to her and the rosary) they took out both cysts, but saved the ovaries! However they discovered I had severe endometriosis, adhesians, and advised me to go see a high risk fertility specialist. The words "possible infertile" were thrown at me. I was devastated.

    Now it's been several months since the surgery and we are still trying, taking vitamins, charting with the Creighton Model, ect. but I'm still not pregnant. I really want to go see a Catholic doctor and see if he can help us.

    My questions are:

    1) How do you cope with having both pcos and endometriosis? Especially being "possible infertile"? Do you cry yourself to sleep or at other times just thinking of the baby you want so much to have, wanting so much to be a mother, but you can't right now? How do you cope?

    2) Do many people with endometriosis also have pcos? Is this common? Nobody ever said I had pcos. I am overweight, have oily sensitive skin, and suffered from acne when I was younger. I have three hairs on my chin and a little near my belly button, but not a lot. Is that a sign?

    3) Do you have a special devotion to the Blessed Mother too? Do you pray the rosary?

    I am still trying to accept the fact that I have endometriosis and I might be infertile. It is so hard to accept. I have to pray for graces every day.

    If you would like to email me sometime, I'd love to hear from you.

    P.S. Do you really think that a diet and losing weight would help me? Which one would you recommend?

    Please write!

    prayrosary4life@aol.com

    I will be praying for you and your husband!

    May God Bless you.

    Love,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete