Well we're off to my sister-in-law's wedding this weekend. We leave tonight and will drive through the night (we're much better at night) and hopefully get there early Friday morning. I'm actually videotaping the wedding, so I'm a little nervous. Even for people who know how to run a camera (and I don't know if I can officially say I know how to run my camera, it has a pretty steep learning curve) and who have experience with shooting, doing a wedding is tough. There is so much you have to get. There are no do-overs. So, I'm really hoping the shot of her coming down the aisle isn't too bright or blue or whatever.
The other great part about heading up to New York this weekend is that because my husband's normal days off are Monday and Tuesday, we'll get to see my parents for a couple days as well. That also means that we'll drive through the city we just moved from and we're going to stop in to show the documentary to some of the people who are in it. I'm really excited for that! I can't wait to see what they think.
Speaking of the movie, my friend (who, by the way, is also the one who is adopting) is giving a copy of it this week to (follow me here) the parents of a child in her class who has a relative who works at EWTN. I can't believe she even has that connection, and is nice enough to give them a copy. I'm not sure if anything will come of it, but at least it's a connection. I still plan on sending it to EWTN the traditional way, and I'm not counting out finding another connection as well (something that the Lord has already set in motion, actually).
We probably won't have internet access until Sunday night, so I don't know what I'll do without my blog! I'm sure I'll make it. In the meantime, I'm praying for all of you!
Wow, I can't wait to see your video on EWTN :) (I know that's where it's headed, no matter HOW it gets there!)
ReplyDeleteHave fun at the wedding, and in NY. I'm going "home" this weekend, as well... I promise I'm not stalking!
have a GREAT trip and safe driving!
ReplyDeleteprayers for a wonderful weekend!
have a great trip! weddings (especially if not mine!) are so much fun.
ReplyDeletebon voyage!
I'm from a little more south than that. I grew up (and got married) about an hour north of the city. South of Poughkeepsie, in the lower Hudson River Valley. Small world though, huh?
ReplyDeleteIt's so cool to watch the Lord in action..WOW!!! I don't have any doubts that the movie is going into the right hands, after all you have lots of people praying for this, kind of like "Joshua" when he brought the walls down at Jericho. :-D
ReplyDeleteHave a GREAT time!!! Ask the Archangel Rapheal to help you with the camera, I'm sure it will be beautiful.
Everything is unfolding according to God's Holy Plan...isn't it wonderful!!!!