Thursday, June 19, 2008

Brownies! (updated)

If I do say so myself, I made DELICIOUS brownies tonight. The ingredients included white wheat flour, splenda, light butter and omega-3 eggs, but trust me, they were good. Or maybe I'm just so sugar deprived that anything tastes good to me right now. No, I'm pretty sure they were really good. If anyone is interested, you can email me for that and many other low g.i. recipes (my email is on the "about me" page). I typed them all up for a friend, so they're all ready to be emailed.

Since I'm posting tonight, there's still no news with this cycle. Nothing. I guess that's good! The longer this luteal phase goes, the better, I suppose.

Update - So this morning my temp is still up - 98.3. If I don't start a new cycle today, then that means my luteal phase is at 13 days. That is very exciting for me because I've only gone as long as 13 days one other time since I began charting (and it was only my third cycle of charting, so I probably charted it wrong anyways).

The other thing I realized last night while pouring over my charts is that this month and last month are the only cycles in which I only had one obvious peak day (for all you Creighton charters, my cycles were always filled with several "P's" written on white baby stickers). All my past cycles I would peak, have a few dry days, then more mucus, peak again, more dry days, followed by more mucus and yet another, final, peak day. It was as if my ovaries were trying to get themselves going and never quite could. Anways, my past two cycles looked normal - seven or eight days of mucus ending with a peak-type mucus day, followed by several dry days, then my period. I only wrote a "P" once! That's huge for me! AND.. it just so happens that I started my diet at the beginning of those two cycles. Coincidence? I hope not! Even if I'm not yet ovulating, at least my body is moving in the right direction.

5 comments:

  1. woo hoo! Yay for your long cycle!!!
    I am getting excited about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to hear that you found a way to make yummy brownies on a low gi diet. I've been reading your blog for awhile now and am inspired to move deeper into a low gi lifestyle... I'm in the process of making menu plans and weeding things slowly out of the house so it's not so drastic for either my husband or myself. I would love more information about the diet you follow and yes, that yummy brownie recipe! My email is: snorr75@yahoo.com
    Thank you for being so inspirational with your story. God bless.
    Sara F. in Montana

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!!
    Also, re: desserts... my cousin just recently had gastric bypass and as such she can not have sugar. She is an amazing cook and comes up with all sorts of desserts and creative food options. She was telling me the other day that she wants to start a business for restaurants to order sugar-free desserts from her!

    good for you for sticking with the diet!
    Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great news!

    Please keep us updated!

    (by the way, that temp is pretty high!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and one more thing:
    Maybe you should test soon:)

    I know, I know, it's not easy... BUT this cycle you are justified, at least I think. You are breaking new ground here! I don't think your period is on its way yet ... at least not with that temp!

    ReplyDelete