Last night I proclaimed to my husband that I think I might be ovulating. Women's intuition, perhaps? I don't know, but I've never really thought that before. The reasons I think I might be ovulating are as follows:
- I am bloated. Not only did I begin to notice it last night, but this morning I had gained one pound. That might not sound like a big deal, but since starting my diet I know exactly how much I weigh from day to day and there's no reason that I should have gone up a pound. And don't some people experience bloating around ovulation? Not being an ovulator, I'm not sure but I think I read that somewhere.
- I have some pain on my left side. I've always heard people talk about having back pain around ovulation but I never experienced it myself until yesterday and today. It is strictly on my left side, and I also have some pain on the left front as well. I know this could still happen even if I don't release a follicle, but some months I don't feel a thing so I'll take this as a good sign that something is happening.
- I've had four days of peak-type mucus. Now, this isn't unusual for me. I always have good mucus, and I know better than anyone that mucus doesn't mean that I'm ovulating. But for normal people it is a sign of ovulation so I'm glad it's there.
- My bbt seems to be doing some of the right things. For the first week of my cycle it was pretty steady at 97.9. Then it dropped to 97.0 three days ago, which coincided with my second day of peak-type mucus. It stayed at 97.0 until this morning when it rose to 97.7. I'm not sure that's a good sign, though, because if that was the big spike it probably should have gone up more. I don't know. Hopefully it will go up more tomorrow.
With me, it's just so hard because my body begins the process of ovulating each month, but the ovary just can't get that follicle out (which is why I can have positive OPK's yet not ovulate). I actually read today that if you don't ovulate, you don't actually get a real period, and if you do get something that resembles one that it is just mimicking it. Isn't that weird? It kind of scares me to think that I don't even get a real period. That kind of makes me think my body is more screwed up than I previously thought. But I'm not going to worry about that.
So we will see. I'm just really hoping that between my diet and my supposedly normal prolactin, that a follicle might just squeeze itself out this month. Maybe I need to try some visualization techniques. Just kidding, I'll stick to good old prayer. Speaking of which, if you wouldn't mind, could you maybe say a quick prayer that my follicle finds its way out this month and doesn't shrivel up and die?
By the way, speaking of prayer, I have some great news!! Our friends who met with a birthmother the other day were chosen! Yay! I can't believe it. Well, I can, but I can't believe how quickly you can go from the world of infertility into the world of motherhood. This friend is also dealing with infertility, and in her case she has known about it since she was a teenager. She is a real committed Catholic, so IVF was not an option for her (although it is often the only hope for people in her situation, so it's even more amazing she has resisted it). It's such a huge blessing! And they are going to be wonderful parents. This little baby hit the family lottery! It also made me think today how adoption isn't the consolation prize I once thought it was. Sure, there might be some things I'll never experience if I can't get pregnant, like getting that positive pregnancy test, the experience of carrying a child in my womb, or giving birth. But adoption has its own joys that are unique to it, like getting the call from your agency telling you you've been chosen, the excitement of knowing you're world is going to change in a matter of weeks or even days, and the thrill of stocking an entire nursery in a few shopping sprees. Those are things that couples who never adopt will never know. I told my friend the other day before her meeting with the birthmother that I just knew if she got this baby that I would probably send my application papers in right away. I think I just need a first-hand experience with adoption in order to warm up to the idea. Well, anyways, thank you SO MUCH for your prayers!
I'm so happy for your friend! What wonderful news!!!
ReplyDeleteI really hope you are ovulating! Today was a pretty good day. =)
Great signs of ovulation! PUSHING follicle with prayer!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful about your friend!
Great news for your friend! Congratulate her from the blogosphere :)
ReplyDeleteIf you did ovulate, wouldn't it be cool if you conceived the same day your friend got her call from the agency? (Just some positive thoughts for you for the next 2 wks!)
I have (unexplainable) infertility. We are adopting too. Glad to hear your friend was chose.
ReplyDeleteSend my congrats to your friend too!!! So happy : )
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, you are definitely ovulatig/ in process of ovulating.
At times it's a gradual temperature shift, or it could be a spike, depending on when the egg is released. Eg. in my case I have charts like from 36.29 immediately to 36.69, and also from 36.29 to 36.39 then 36.59 etc. It varies.
And yes, I do have sharp brief pains too. I ever monitored ovulation with vaginal u/s so I know for sure I am ovulating (hopefully it's not a case of just that one-time ovulation!).
We will make it!!!! Eventually!!!
Yay for ovulation and adoption!!!!
ReplyDeleteAs I read the adoption story, tears filled my eyes. I don't know why, I guess I am just totally desperate for good news and this is exactly what I needed to hear.
This is most definitely a blessing straight from the hand of God. I will keep that adoption in my prayers!
And I am SOOOOOOOO happy to hear of your ovulation! Seriously, there are good things in store!!!
I don't know you but I'm a pretty faithful reader of your blog, finding much inspiration in your words. I found you through Jen's "Blessed are the Barren" blog. I, too, have PCO and IF and am also working with PPVI... we're in the beginning stages of getting on the schedule for the diagnostic testing there.
ReplyDeleteI am so, so happy for your friend chosen for the adoption. I always knew adoption would be in my future, just not with or because of IF; I thought it would be in addition to bio children. My husband and I just turned in our application to an agency this past week. YAY for getting started! I just wanted to say that though most people associate adoptions with being chosen by and experiencing the pregnancy with and through the birthmother, there are many, many placements AFTER birth, which is what we're more than likely going to deal with. I'm very sad at not sharing in a pregnancy and anticipating my child prior to their birth but I'm so excited nonetheless. Good luck with your discernment in making the choice... and it may not be now or even in the very near future (or never) but I wanted you to know that you're in my prayers... not only for adoption but for your IF and recently dx'd PCO. God bless.
congratulations to your friends! how wonderful!
ReplyDeleteprayers for you, that this is the month!