Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cycle update

I just wanted to write a quick cycle update before I make dinner. And, just to show you how wacky our life is, it's 10:54 p.m. and I'm about to make pancakes! They're low G.I. and oh so good. Maybe I'll add a picture later because they're pretty too!

It's cycle day 17. So far I've had seven days of mucus and today has been a dry day. If I peaked yesterday like it appears, then this is a big improvement over my pretty extended mucus pattern last month (11 days). And before the last seven days of mucus, I had five days of my period, followed by four dry days (which was HUGE, since I always went straight into mucus after my period. I'm not sure if that is bad or means something, but it's not exactly something you see on "normal" charts!).

This might all sound great, except for one thing - my temp hasn't spiked yet. In past cycles...okay, nevermind. I started that sentence, then opened up my chart and temp charts to match them up and prove my theory that my temp rises the morning after my last peak day, but apparently that's not the case. It seems that despite thinking in the back of my mind that this is the way it works with me, it actually hasn't lately, or at least there isn't any evidence to prove it. 

Last cycle I didn't take my temp on the morning in question, but it rose the next day. Two cycles ago I didn't take it on my peak day, but the next morning it was a rise compared to two days before (what's with me not taking my temp on the most important days?). And three cycles ago it rose on the day after my peak day, but at that point my mucus had been pretty poor (albeit technically "peak") quality for like three days. And four cycles ago it rose two days after my first peak (which also coincided with my second peak...ya, this one isn't looking good), then went back down for a day only to rise again on the day of my third peak. I guess I was still healing at that time!

I'm sure that is way more information that you wanted or needed. I guess my point is that I don't know if this is good or bad that my temp hasn't spiked yet, but at least I can't compare it to past cycles. I am still normalizing (let's see if I can use that word at least once in every post) and this cycle may still be a cycle where things are working themselves out. And actually, didn't I just say that I wasn't going to pick apart my cycles, especially not mid-way through them?

I feel really good about this cycle. I feel really good about my body healing, and I know God is at work.

Now I just need a good temp tomorrow morning! Just kidding. But I will probably need to re-read my post from yesterday if it doesn't rise. I'll make sure I do that.

Update - Okay, not much of an update, but I just wanted to add a picture of my beautiful blueberry walnut pancake:


I cropped it because it was half-eaten by the time I remembered to take it, and something seemed gross about posting a picture of my half-eaten food!

13 comments:

  1. For Christmas, I'd like to give you the gift of coming down to visit and hiding your thermometer :) Seriously! Just reading your post makes me anxious... I can't imagine how anxious you must feel as the person taking the temps (and the body whose temps are being tracked)! I did temps for a couple of cycles, and I was a basketcase the entire time. I can understand the motives (watching your body get back on track), but weigh the cons with the pros. If it drives you crazy in analyzing it, then maybe it's not worth it.

    Sorry if that comes across as harsh. After all, I don't even know you IRL and here I am lecturing you :) But I just hate to see you get so worked up about the things we all KNOW we cannot change. I do feel very strongly in my heart that your miracle is just around the bend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, pancakes sound so good! It sounds like things are looking good with your cycle--it's sooo hard not to obsess about it. I'm taking my temperature every morning, too, just in case :->

    ReplyDelete
  3. TCIE - You're right.. but I seriously don't obsess about it in real life (although I'm sure my post probably came off that way!). I like to do it as just another little bit of info, for fun. I am more intrigued by what is going on, rather than worried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- I'd do anything right now for the cycle you're describing! I'm on CD 15 and have been spotting for the past 3 days (after a 4 week time span where I had 2 periods!) I am all messed up!

    BTW- the pancakes look delicious. I love fruit in my pancakes, but I've never tried walnuts. I'll have to give it a go- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok :) As long as you're "relaxed" about it (which, of course, is the key to getting pg!!) I'll let you off the hook this time ;)

    Yummy pancakes! I make my multi-grain ones with strawberries and walnuts or blueberries and walnuts. They are SO GOOD! Your kids are so lucky, you make such yummy things :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks SO delicious I almost drove up there for some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey that gave me a thought -- one weekend when both our husbands are working or something one of us should come and stay with the other --- we could watch movies, share recipes, and walk our dogs together! (Hopefully we will have one soon) It would be so fun!

    Wouldn't that be fun?

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just woke up - sorry for my repetitiveness:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We SO need you to post that recipe!!! PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My pancake recipe is actually included in my post of all my recipes. Just look on the right-hand side of my blog and click on the link. I altered a regular recipe I found online, and it's SOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these pancakes. Best recipe! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're hysterical! you should publish a low-GI cookbook!

    ReplyDelete