It's been a very long day!
We just got home from Baltimore, where I did an interview this morning to promote my documentary, Watch With Me. It was very exciting!
I found out last week that a Catholic television network, CatholicTV, has decided to air my movie early next year (yay!). As part of the promotion for that, they wanted to interview me about the movie for an interview-style show they do.
Since CatholicTV staff were in Baltimore to cover the USCCB annual fall meeting this week, they asked if I could make it up there to do an interview in a make-shift studio they erected in a hotel suite at the Marriot Waterfront Hotel, where the bishops' meeting was being held. So that's where we were this morning.
It was neat to be right where all the bishops were meeting, although they were behind closed doors while we were there.
The room where I did the interview was set up like a temporary studio, and they had tons of drinks and food, even cigars (which, of course, Ryan took for use at a later date)!
Here I am getting miked up for the interview:
The interview lasted between five and seven minutes. They'll edit it before it airs. 

Here I am with the wonderful people we met from CatholicTV:
I'm not sure when the interview will air, but probably in December or January, and the actual movie will air in January or February. I'm sure I'll post the dates when I get them. (And in case you wondered, CatholicTV is based out of the Boston area and airs on cable throughout New England, as well as some other cities, such as Detroit. It's on Verizon Fios on demand in certain areas, and it's available on satellite on Sky Angel IPTV anywhere in the country. Programming is also available online, and on iTunes.)
So that was exciting! It was a whirlwind, though, because Ryan had to be back for work by 2:30 this afternoon, so we were back in the car by 11:30 and heading home. We did make a couple detours, though. The first was to drive by Charm City Cakes:
I know, we're dorks. We don't even LOVE that show, we just like it okay. We also like to make fun of the fact that nothing is ever going on. Ryan joked that there will be a whole episode from today about Geoff making a Rosary cake for the bishops' meeting, as they all notice a tan Camry driving back and forth outside.
Then, we went to one of my favorite places:
Wegmans!! I'd never been to this one before (near D.C.) and it was awesome! I know most of you don't even know what it is, but suffice it to say that's it's the best grocery store on the planet. We went to get lunch because they have an amazing cafe part as well. They're based in upstate New York, and this is the southern-most one there is. I dream of living near one someday so it can be the grocery store I shop at, which hasn't happened in about ten years. So at least if I can't get pregnant, maybe the grocery store dream will work out for me!
So that's my big news! We feel very blessed that it is being picked up by this Catholic station and we hope it can inspire those who watch it to spend time in adoration. This experience has reminded me that while some prayers are taking longer to be answered, we are given blessings in other ways.
I still have a cycle update to give you (I know, you are waiting with bated breath!!) and a story about being ripped off. Let's just say it involves my wedding ring. Oooh, the suspense! I might post later, but for now I'm heading off to take a nap. I'm working on five hours sleep and six hours in the car today!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Big day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had never been to a Wegmans until I moved to NJ... and now there is one just 30 minutes from us!!! I am infatuated with that place!!! It's where I found the pumpkin raviolis that we made for our Anniversary this year.
ReplyDeleteHow exciting about the interview! I can't wait to see it (online most likely). Good thing Katie Couric wasn't interviewing you... she would have gone out of her way to try to make you look stupid for being pro-life and pro-Church.
Congratulations on looking fabulous for your big interview today!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to hear or see it when it's aired!!!
And you're right, I've never heard of Wegman's before!! Isn't it funny how the little things can be sooo exciting?? (Thank God for all the little things!)
Can't wait to hear about what happened with your wedding ring and, of course, cycle updates are always much appreciated!
what beautiful photos of you! i especially love the shoes! ;)
ReplyDeletei hope that one of the catholic stations that we get here will air your documentary as well (we get "salt and light" and "EWTN" on cable).
in my opinion grocery stores are so much better in the US. i love going to safeway when we're visiting our relatives down south!
Jellybelly - Oh my gosh, that is so funny, because I was checking statcounter today and someone used the search term "Dr. Hil.gers salt and light television" and landed on my blog, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what that meant!! I'm thinking, did he prescribe for someone to eat salt and reduce the amount of time they watch t.v.?? NOW I get it!! What are the chances I JUST read that, and then you mentioned it in this comment? So funny!
ReplyDeletecongratulations Karey!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so AWESOME! I love MARY-LAND! I can't wait to see you on t.v. that is so awesome and btw you look so fantastic!!!
ReplyDeleteWegmans is too die for! I used to spend $80-100 a week and I was only feeding one person because everything that comes from there is beautiful!!
Wow, Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteyay, Boston!!! Im so thrilled and I'm in New England, so I'll get to see it!! Just let us know when it's aired.
ReplyDeleteAnddddd... you skinny minnie!!! You looked gorgeous!
One of my best friends from college loves Wegmans!
Prayers!
That must have been so exciting to be interviewed for doing something so spectacular in building up the Kingdom of God. Isn't amazing how God can use us in such amazing ways! May God bless your journey as you help others journey toward Him.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! It's so exciting that your movie's going to be aired!
ReplyDelete