Friday, October 31, 2008

Low temp

So my temp was low when I woke up this morning - 97.8. It had been 98.3 since I ovulated.

Now, I should first point out that last month I wrote something about how I like to take my temp because then I get a warning about when my cycle is ending. Well, after I wrote it, I looked through my charts and discovered that it has actually NEVER been a warning sign. My temp has lowered the morning after a new cycle begins as far back as I could go.

So then that begs the question, what is happening?

It's only nine days past ovulation, so that would be really bad news if I get it today. My luteal phases are usually an okay length (eleven days), so this would be a little set back. It's cycle day 27, so the actual cycle wouldn't be a bad length, but that doesn't matter if the luteal phase is too short.

But I don't feel at all like I'm getting my period today. I did have a sensation in my legs on Tuesday, which I typically get every month in the week leading up to it, but I was also dehydrated and sick that day, and I also haven't felt it since. You know how you usually have some sort of feeling it's coming? Well, I have none whatsoever. The only thing I'm experiencing is I still have slight nausea on and off (the last time was last night) and my stomach is gurgly today. Another symptom I sometimes get at the end is that I feel full all day, but so far I've been hungry.

I'm also not spotting at all, which is good no matter what ends up happening.

One thing I do think might be starting, though, is a cold. My nose has been stuffy, one of my ears feels full and today my jaw is sore. Maybe a sore throat's coming on? I don't know what's up with me this week! I would have thought my healthy diet would have built up on immune system, not the other way around!

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining. None of this bothers me, not even the low temp this morning. Whatever is meant to happen will happen. I'm okay with it right now. I'm sure I'll be sad once it's here, but we'll go out to eat and I'll get over it. Maybe I can even get some sympathy purchases out of it, like some clothes. Honey, are you reading this?

By the way, we rescheduled our homestudy visit today and it's not until Nov. 17. That's a long time from now, but I'm okay with it because it's in God's hands. I've said from the beginning that I will let God control the timeline of this adoption because I only want the baby that he wants us to have. The other part of me, though, thinks the social worker has it in her head that we can only meet on Mondays and Tuesdays (my husband's days off) and so she gave us the first Monday she had available. If that's the case, I'm wondering if I should call back and tell her we can do any morning (since he works nights), but then I go back to the thought that I'm not really motivated to make this go faster than it is. I think I'm going to leave it as is. That also gives us more time before we have to pay the next $450 installment!

*************

One more thing - check out who my husband interviewed last night...


It's John McCain's 96-year-old mother Roberta! Ryan doesn't usually get pictures taken with well-known people he interviews because it's considered unprofessional, but another reporter made him get in this picture (I cropped him out), and I'm so glad he did! She doesn't look a day over 80, right? And I guess she has a jam-packed campaign schedule here in the last few days. This was at like 8 o'clock last night!

By the way, speaking of my husband, check out this entry on his news blog. It's unbelievable!

4 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie - I had to go back and look at my chart from May/June, because I swore my temp dropped right before I peed on a stick and got those 2 lines... and it did. I don't want to give you false hope, just telling you what mine were like. That cycle I got a pos. on CD35. My temps kind of bobbed between 97.7 and 98.1 from CD22 (when I O'd) to CD32. On CD33, it shot up to 98.33, CD34 it fell back to 97.9 and CD35, day of the elusive BFP, it was 97.97. My temps were ALWAYS cool when I was temping, even after I O'd.

    Anyway, just wanted to share, and let you know that a temp drop isn't out of the "normal" range of things. Lots of luck and prayers. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to get your hopes up too high but I have seen a temperature dip in the past that ended up being an implantation temperature dip. You will be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping and Praying that this is YOUR cycle!!!

    ReplyDelete