Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Questions

I'm supposed to get a peak +7 blood draw tomorrow (Wednesday) to test my progesterone. I'm still not feeling well, and I will have to drive myself. Does anyone know whether I'm supposed to fast for it? My doctor didn't say to. I mean, it's not like I'm going to eat a meal or anything, but I might need crackers or toast if I'm feeling a little better (tonight I felt better and my hunger was excruciating, but now I'm not feeling so hot). And best case scenario, I hope to be able to keep resting all day tomorrow and go have it done whenever I feel well enough. Anyone know if that is okay, or is it always better to have it done early?

I know I should call my doctor tomorrow, but I'm hoping some of you have answers for me tonight or early tomorrow so I don't have to.

Okay, I've gotta go because I feel like I'm getting sick again. I really hope not.

Oh, and I thought this story about Julianne Hough, from Dancing with the Stars, was interesting. She's having a laparoscopy to remove endometriosis next week and she says while her management was trying to make up a story of what to tell the press, she was like, no I'm going to be honest about it! It made me think about how you never hear celebrities talk about endo, so good for her!

7 comments:

  1. I completely thought of you when i read her story. Your right, celebs never talk about this.
    I know Eva Longoria and her husband have been tyring for a baby for a while now, i wonder if she has some issues. With so many celbs having twins lately it makes you think some thing or some one is helping them out.
    ps. i work up feeling crappy this morning, i think i'm geting sick too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this might be too late but i don't have to fast when i do my P+7 blood work so go ahead and eat if you'd like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has nothing to do with your question! But where are you finding all of the Creighton girls! It is so AWESOME!!! I use your blog as a starting point to everyone else's blog! Soon my blog roll will look like yours because your girls rock!!! We need a little symbol on the side of our blogs that say something like, You got Napro,
    Napro Girl Club, NaproCuredmyIF, NaproChics, NaproBound Say not to IF clinics, and yes to Napro...! Okay you get my point!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only time I've ever had to fast was for an A1C blood draw, so you should be fine to eat...

    And thanks for the article on Julianne... someone mentioned this on Hannah's Prayer, but I'm glad to actually see the article.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No fasting required. I was due for a P+7 today, too... I'm thinking of doing it tomorrow though (which is fine).
    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously hope you're still sick! haha...I'm extremely excited for you. It all sounds so positive right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you're feeling better and things went okay today. Becky mentioned Eva Longoria -- is she pregnant? I think she's denied it, but she has gained weight (to become, what, a size 2?) and her loose clothes on Desperate Housewives make you think she's hiding a bump.

    ReplyDelete