Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Getting better...slowly *updated*

I felt a lot better today, but tonight, well, not so much.

When your mom lives eight hours away you have to take matters into your own hands, so this afternoon I made chicken noodle soup from scratch. I think this might have been my down fall.

Not wanting to go off my diet again today (I switched from regular ginger ale to coke zero), I decided to make my own soup rather than eat the canned stuff. That way the noodles would be G.I.-approved and I could control the other ingredients as well. Except for obviously feeling pretty weak, I felt nearly back to normal this morning and afternoon - I was fine getting my blood drawn, I was fine at the store, and I was fine making the soup...at first. Then, this evening as I was cutting up the chicken, I started to feel sick again. So I finished everything and got back in bed. I really hope I don't throw up, but I don't think I will. It's definitely not that bad.

In other news, I'm betting that I will start a new cycle on Sunday, if anyone would like to take that bet. Sunday will be eleven days past my peak day and that seems to be the length of my luteal phases lately. And yesterday, amidst throwing up, I got the sensation I get in my legs each and every single month that means the end is near. The legs never lie. My body doesn't do too much on a regular basis, but that sign is the one thing I can count on. I haven't felt it yet today, but we'll see. I guess it is possible that it had something to do with me being sick, weak and dehydrated, but I always try to make excuses for what else the leg sensation could be, and it's always the same old thing.

That's fine if that's the case. I'm really okay with it and, surprisingly, I'm not embarrassed that I told you I was hopeful this month. It hurts every single month, whether I hope or not, so why not try to at least be somewhat positive? And I know it's not here yet, but it really feels like God is guarding my heart this cycle. Perhaps that has something to do with being hopeful? I'm not sure. Tonight I was reading bible verses on this topic, and I was reminded that we should have hope in HIM, not that our request will be granted. Sometimes we get so caught up in trying to make our lives here on earth more comfortable, that we never think in terms of the bigger picture - that God has saved a place for us in eternity! That is where our true hope should lie.

Well, I'm going to turn off the computer and turn on the t.v., maybe even try to fall asleep. I will offer up my discomfort for all of you and all those who I have promised prayers to. I'm also going to try to focus on the blessings in my life. For now, I've got homemade chicken noodle soup on the stove, my husband's at his RCIA class and I'm relaxing in bed. Things could be a lot worse.

Update: I'm really happy with the way my chicken noodle soup with (whole wheat) dumplings came out, and I believe my husband's exact words were "this is the most incredible thing I've ever tasted!" It was really good and that's a good thing, because I think we have enough left over to feed us for the next four days!

I'm not feeling so hot right now, though, so I'm really going to try to sleep this time (after the last time I wrote that, I proceeded to make dumplings for the soup, eat, watch t.v., have a friend come over, etc., etc. No wonder I'm not feeling well right now!).

8 comments:

  1. I am SO impressed at your determination to stick with your diet, even in the midst of sickness!

    I am so sorry you are still not feeling well.

    Also, I was thinking that your leg pains might not be a "predictor" for your period. They could just as easily simply correlate with that specific time of the month for some other reason, and the cycle you get pregnant would be no different.

    I think you are exactly right to point out that our hope should ultimately be in Christ. Our Hope should be in HIM and in our future with Him in eternity! Perhaps it is too good to even comprehend, but I bet it would be a good exercise for some of us with IF to force ourselves to meditate on the possibilities with Him.

    The scriptures do say that no eye has seen, no ear has heard, what God has prepared for those who love Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    I admit, I'm feeling a bit sad right now at being 42 years old, being diagnosed with severe endometriosis Feb. 2007 when I had my first surgery, and being unable to concieve. I want so much to be a good Catholic Mom, but I am so afraid that despite all the praying that it might not be God's will for me. It seems I've been praying forever to be blessed with a child, but no success yet. It's rather discouraging and depressing at times especially when you have a bunch of co-workers who are all pregnant!! I am very happy for them, but sad for myself. Does anybody understand this?? I don't understand why I can't have just one baby. Why???

    I would really LOVE (I really need to) meet others who have endometriosis and suffer from infertility. Maybe we can encourage each other?

    I am blessed to have found a good Catholic husband who I married sixteen months ago when I was almost forty one. I also found an excellent napro tech doctor who has me taking LPN (Low dose naltrexone) and just started me on taking progesterone. He recommended me to lose weight and I have lost 17 pounds so far, but now I seem to be on a plateau!! Also I'm a teacher at a daycare (I worked at two daycares - one in my hometown for nineteen years and this new one in my new city for a year now)and tommorow we will be having our Halloween party!!

    Any advice on avoiding the sweets? I love chocolate! I'm sure tommorow the parents will be bringing in tons of good things to eat!!

    The good news is that my recent hormone testing revealed that I do not have PCOS like I feared or any adrenal problems. However my doctor does think more surgery for the endo is in my future! He doesn't think the ob/gyn who did my surgery in February did a good enough job! Ack!

    I'd love to hear from anybody who would care to write. Thanks!!

    My email is:
    prayrosary4life@aol.com

    Life hopes, I am praying for you!!

    Love,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear that you're not feeling well!

    But wow, that soup looks good!! Did you follow a recipe, or just make it up?

    (I've been trying to make soup.......and they don't seem to be coming out so well, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That soup looks awesome- I'll have to borrow the recipe from you...it's the perfect time of year for warm, comforting soups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool! My hubby went through RCIA as well.....I went with him because I was never confirmed! Not sure how that slipped through the cracks! that soup looks so yummy and I could use some because I have a cold! Nothing like a good chicken broth! Mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a trooper you are, making soup when your sick! It does luck yummy, and that's great you have left overs, yah for left overs.

    Im so gealous you have symptoms every month so you know where your getting your period, me not so much. I've been thinking i'll be getting mine any day now, no such luck. Keep up the positive feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still praying for you. You are awful brave to stay on your food plan when you feel yucky. That is always so hard for me. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That soup looks delicious! Keep staying positive, no matter what happens this month.

    ReplyDelete