Well, she pulled it off! Sarah Palin was amazing tonight. I have to admit, I was nervous, but she was able to come off as intelligent and in command, while still letting her down-home charm shine through. Granted, I only watch Fox, but even the Democrats on there were complimentary of her. The only thing they can say is "sure, she's nice, but she didn't differentiate herself and John McCain from Bush..." If that's all they can say, you know they think she won, too!
On another topic (although not completely unrelated), I'm a really good mood! I think it might be the crisp fall air today. It was so beautiful today for my shift at the clinic. Usually it's hard to be there and I feel really dark and down, but today I loved it. It was so nice out and I felt really peaceful when I prayed. I also spent about 45 minutes talking to the cop that the clinic pays to "protect" them. It was funny, that when the doctor drove up I all of a sudden see this cop walk out, as if to protect him. Then it occurred to me, he's protecting the doctor from me! It just struck me as funny. Anyways, the cop eventually came over to me and we talked all about politics, tonight's debate, a little about abortion in an abstract sense, but more about the other protestors who aren't affiliated with 40 Days for Life. We agreed that they were going about it the wrong way.
The rest of the afternoon, and still tonight, I was just in a great mood. It's funny what your hormones can do, because last night I was miserable. I was on edge for no reason (well, other than infertility always being a reason) and depressed. And today I was happy for no apparent reason.
Speaking of hormones, still no more spotting. I guess the next thing I have to look forward to is taking my temp in the morning to see if it's dropped yet. I need that extra warning that the cycle is ending. Know what I mean? Otherwise, I feel so beaten by just suddenly getting my period, like it got me. One point for it. Does anyone else get nervous taking their bbt in the morning? Every morning I wake up and quickly take it, and some mornings I even wake up constantly to see if it's time yet. Of course, I don't want to take it too early, because then it might be too low. So I'll take it again tomorrow morning, hoping it stays at 98.2 or possibly even higher.
Have a great night! (although you'll probably be reading this in the morning...)
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Good mood
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sarah Palin clearly won last night's debate!! I am so excited to have her as our next Vice President! (Hopefully!)
ReplyDeleteShe commanded the room, like she always does, and exceeded everyone's expectations.
You know what strikes me most about Palin? She is professional, knowledgeable, and totally a leader, but at the same time someone you feel like you've known your whole life. Someone who - if you had a problem - she'd totally understand, listen, and help you. At the same time, she is beautifully maternal, but not in a "matronly" way - more of in a sexy kind of way ... which also means that she can pull of a VP debate like that, then 3 seconds later coddle her baby on stage. I am completely amazed at Sarah Palin. She is teaching me things right now -- like how, whether or not I have children doesn't have to define me. What I mean is that if I do have children, I can still be a lawyer in whatever capacity I choose, and even if I don't, that's okay too because women were made for more. More than just the one or the other mentality...
Don't get me wrong, I am a huge supporter and fan of stay at home mom's, those women who put everything aside for their children.
But I just think it's wonderful to see someone like Sarah Palin embodying the ultimate feminine ideal ... which to me says that with the support of your family and community and society, women can have babies and careers, if they feel called by God to do so. (and in this paradigm .. there is no room for abortion because .. when there's an unplanned pregnancy, society says " well that's what women do. they have babies. Now how can we support this woman and child?"
And if women don't choose a career outside the home as a mother, God is using them in still MIGHTIER ways to form the young souls in their care, who will then impact the world many times over.
I LOVE Sarah!
Okay I'd like to add a sidenote to my last comment.
ReplyDeleteI would like to add that I do NOT believe that women OR men should leave their babies in day care so they can pursue their careers.
Marriage is a partnership (well really a sacrament but in this context the term "partnership" really gets at my point better), and ideally babies should be born within marriage, where husband and wife can choose who will be the primary caretaker of the children and who is being called to work outside the home. (I realize there are many, many babies born to unwed mothers in a variety of less than ideal circumstances, and those babies shouldn't end up in day care either. Hopefully friends and family could help care for the young child in these tender years since the mother would need to work to support herself and her baby...
But children need mom and dad, especially in the tender years.
I love that Sarah's husband Todd supports her by being that caretaker.
I do NOT believe that by saying women can have it all, one is subscribing to the "drop the kids off at daycare" from 7 to 7 idea. That is not good for the child, no matter how important one's job might seem to be.
glad to see your felling better. I too have those good and bad hormone days.
ReplyDeleteI'm having the night hot flashes from taking clomid this month, did you have that too, when you were on it? I have to have the AC on and the house 'chilly' just to fall asleep. I'm freezing my poor hubby!
I love her, too! And I secretly love how scared the liberals are at seeing a sophisticated, smart, MORALLY-driven political woman getting so close to office :)
ReplyDeleteBTW I love love love Palin!
ReplyDelete