Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ovulation complete (let's hope!)

I just took another ovulation test, and this time it was negative. So I had one positive test this month. As far as I know, that is pretty normal! It was negative three days ago, positive yesterday, and negative today. I've had great mucus for over a week. So hopefully I ovulated!

I read online last night that my medication can take a few months to work, to start lowering prolactin levels. That's good to know, if it's true. It didn't bother me, either. I was just glad to read that, so I don't get my hopes up too much before that. Actually, it relaxes me a little to know that there's no pressure for a little while. If it happens, it happens. But if it doesn't, well, I haven't even really begun working on correcting my hormones.

Can I also just say that I am so touched by all the comments and encouragement I've been getting from you all? I've been meaning to post about this for a while. I am constantly moved to tears by comments, not to mention posts on all of your own blogs as well. The thought that someone is praying for me, especially when you are dealing with this too, just touches me. This blog has been such a blessing to me because it has done nothing but boost my spirits, give me an outlet to vent, provide me with much-needed hope, and put me in touch with wonderful women who know exactly what this feels like. Not too long after I moved last fall, I remember praying for someone to be able to talk to about all of this, other than my husband. I had a couple good friends up north, but while we are still close, I don't really talk to them about this through email since we moved. So I really needed someone to fill that void. It was about a month later that I started this blog, and a month or so after I began I realized this was God's answer to my prayers. (Not to mention two women here asked me to start an infertility support group with them...that was an answer to that prayer as well!) It's just amazing how God works - when it is something that is part of your plan and beneficial to your immortal soul, He works fast and delivers big!

5 comments:

  1. I am so encouraged to hear your ovulation test was NEGATIVE today! That means you ovulated!!! And the timing of it all seems very normal!
    I have so many hopes for you right now! With that great mucus, you should feel confident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you had a positive yesterday and a negative today, then it means that you are probably ovulating TODAY! You usually ovulate 24-48 hours after your surge. Also, your mucus sounds great. So... you should have fun with your hubby tonight! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great that the ovulation tests looked normal. Yay! How are things going with the support group?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are in my thoughts and prayers!!

    P.S. Is it normal to have a month after surgery a longer and heavier period?? My periods were usually 3-5 days long, but today is day six! Should I be worried?? By the way, this is my second period after surgery.

    I'd love to hear from others who have endometriosis and possible infertility. I was just diagnosed with this after surgery on Feb. 12 2008.

    And if you have endometriosis, is it normal to get headaches during your time of the month? The kind that can last for more than one day??

    I really hope you don't mind all my questions - I'm just learning about endo.

    prayrosary4life@aol.com

    Thank you!!

    May God Bless you.
    Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! You are ovulating babe!

    My spirits are so bouyed now, after reading both lifehopes and your post! And I will be going for clomid!

    And to Maria - yes I do have headache, the day/night before my period starts. And bad cramps on 1st 1-2 days. For me I have adenomyosis, which is a form of 'internal endo' - it grows into the backwalls of my uterus, hence I can't even do a lap without cutting parts of uterus away. Hope these help!

    ReplyDelete