...your own blog address is no longer in the history of your phone or computer. I don't know that that's ever happened before! I had to actually type it in. What is the world coming to?!
I'm not sure of the reason for my absence. I've had things I could post about, wrote posts in my head. I think Luke not sleeping between the hours of 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. is a BIG reason why I've been gone. I blogged with him in my arms when he was little but he's not so little any more. He's into everything.
Tonight, though, he is sleeping (until I just jinxed it by typing that, I'm sure), which may be due to my forgetting to put him down for his second nap (he is a champion napper lately). I know sleep begets sleep, but I'm willing to try it again tomorrow, on purpose this time, if he stays asleep tonight.
Things are going well here. Busy, stressful, but well. I started a big project that I'll post more about in the future. Nothing that big. Just big craftily speaking.
The babies are... a handful. Those of you who couldn't relate to this post I wrote recently about not wanting to be away from my kids may be interested to hear that I am getting pretty close to needing/wanting a moment apart from them. Yup, shortly after that post went up these two little people began clinging to my legs as I walk, crying, moaning, one pulling up on me as I bend over to pick the other one up, not letting go - really, Luke has some grip - causing me to be unable to move or else one or both will go flying.
And my hair. If it is not up - and by "up" I mean twisted into a bun - it will be pulled like it's never been pulled before. I thought we were past the pulling stage, but no. When you have two crazy little munchkins constantly hanging off of you and throwing their bodies at you, your insanely long hair gets yanked like you wouldn't believe. I'm thinking of wearing a shower cap. It'll be a new trend.
And does anyone else find themselves constantly pulling their children out of rooms by their arms (actually lifting them up in the air) when you've asked them nicely thirty times, threatened time-out and still nothing? Has anyone actually pulled a shoulder out of its socket? Don't worry, it hasn't happened. I just fear it. I can only imagine explaining that one in the ER.
I'm not sure what it is lately, other than me. I haven't been feeling well and I think any extra added stress just puts me over the edge.
It hasn't been all crazy though. Along with the chaos has come much more laughter. Clara has taken to laughing hysterically. A lot. And it's infectious. She cracks herself, and then me, up.
There's also a lot of kissing going on in our home. She asks for kisses all the time. Comes up behind me and kisses my back. Kisses her baby brother's little bald head whenever the mood hits her. Asks for hugs out of nowhere. I find that she'll reach out and touch my arm when we're sitting next to each other on the couch, just to be touching me. It's amazing.
So that's what we've been up to. Oh, and we took a very quick trip up north to see my family a week or so ago. My parents are both turning 60 this fall and so we threw a party for them both (it was a surprise for my dad).
One thing is for sure. We have a MAJOR party girl on our hands.
Let's just say she is in her element at a party, no matter the time. Strutting in and out of rooms, making her presence known. And the big sign she's happy - kicking her one leg up when she walks.
There was a lot of that going on that night.
And a lot of this...
She ate birthday cake like it was her job. I'm not kidding. My mom thought she'd "share" a piece with the baby. Ha! Our girl couldn't shovel it in fast enough.
She had a good excuse, though. That very day she happened to be feasting in honor of St. Therese.
And then there's Luke, always up in Clara's business...
That boy just wants whatever his sister has.
At least she gets a break when the boys hang out...
And, of course, birthday girl, Nana, with her grandbabies...
They sat for her, but not for me. At what age, exactly, do kids start posing for photos with their mother?
And notice my scarf, from this wonderful website. I love my Ethiopian scarf!
Sweet picture of the babies cuddling at the end of the night... until you notice why they're sitting so nicely.
Oh, the iphone. Maybe I should photoshop that out and pretend they're just hugging ;)
Great pics! I feel your pain with the sleep issues - is there a patron saint of sleep? :) Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteOh my, you described my life - both of them hanging off of me (and my hair) at all times. Seriously, there could be FIVE adults in my living room and they are both climbing all over ME! My husband jokes all the time - "Isn't it fun being the favorite, hahaha." So funny. I've had to walk across the house with one on each hip because neither will allow me to put them down. So, yes, I do need breaks. Hope Luke sleeps better for you tonight. Thanks for posting. The pictures are gorgeous! Such a beautiful family:).
ReplyDeleteFaith - Somehow that doesn't surprise me because it seems we live parallel lives!
ReplyDeleteAww, they are just too cute.
ReplyDeleteThe clinging has been happening over her for the last 3 months, Joseph has be be with me almost always! I got a shower sunday :) funny days!
ReplyDeleteLOL at the shower cap idea. I imagine it would be QUITE the trend. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it can be frustrating at times with being a climbing machine and all, but hang in there!
I'm glad your parents had a great party. The pics sure look like everyone had fun. Your kids get cuter everyday!
Glad you guys are doing well! We miss you! OH and we are dealing with major almost 2 yr old behavior too! Wow, they sure are trying to be independent at this stage. Ekk!
ReplyDeleteWe are in the exact same spot over here, so I totally understand exactly where you are coming from with needing a break.
ReplyDeleteL is in those terrible 2s no doubt about it. Some days she is SO good and the very next I am barely able to manage. Thankfully C is still quite immobile (barely sitting up) but she doesn't want to be left out of anything so I can barely put here down before she's screaming to be picked back up.
Oh and love the beer in the background!
Ps we are headed home to throw my mom a surprise birthday party, too this weekend!!!
PS I LOVE LOVE those pigtails of Clara's!!!! So adorable!!!
ReplyDeleteI have felt the same way about my kids lately. My son is turning 1 this week and is on the verge of walking. He is doing so many of the things that previously only his sister could do, and it makes her insanely jealous. He walks pushing a little car. He rides the car. He requests books to read. He requests snacks. And everything he has, she wants. They both scream when they fight over stuff-including my person. And yes, I have drug my kids out of forbidden rooms by the arm. I always feel guilty when I do it, but sometimes after you've asked about 20 times, you just can't wait for them to make up their minds to do it. Ugh.
ReplyDeleteYour babies are adorable and I think mine are pretty cute too, which helps. It still is a hard phase of motherhood though I do enjoy it.
The pictures are cute, posing or not. Mine either make strange faces or don't look at the camera, I'm still waiting for them to grow out of it. :)
Lovely pictures. K is majorly in the hair pulling stage and has been almost her whole life. I definitely understand needing a break for at least the kids to let their daddy or someone else hold them.
ReplyDelete