Thursday, June 16, 2011

Things are looking up

Wow, it has gotten SO much better. It must be all your prayers!

Last night Luke fell asleep in about twenty minutes. But then a dog barked loudly right outside his window, waking him up, and he took another twenty to thirty minutes to fall asleep.

Big improvement! But, I wondered, had I imagined him being asleep after the initial twenty minutes? Maybe he had just calmed down momentarily and was never actually asleep? Or maybe he had been asleep, but it was a fluke? I didn't want to get my hopes up.

So then, I put him down tonight and....... he fell asleep in less than twenty minutes!! And that was after he only fussed in his crib. No crying!

Ahhh, what a wonderful feeling.

His look - unbuttoned and full of drool

He also napped today. He did cry for a little while, but at least it ended with a nice, long nap.

Thank God for sleeping babies. Thank God for time for me to clean, relax, regroup. These are the days when I think, A third? No problem!

It was a great day all around, actually, because Clara decided to finally say the magic words that melt a mama's heart:


What she's actually doing here is singing the song "Skinamarinky Dink." For months, when she'd sing the "I love you" part, she'd point to her eye and say "I...I...I..." and, no matter what, she wouldn't say the rest. We knew she could. She just knew we wanted it too much.

And then today, clear as can be (well, for a baby), she finished the lyric. And she pointed right at me (which is pretty amazing is because she's going through a major daddy phase right now).

Oh, those babies. They know just how to get you. Kind of like when Clara is in the middle of doing something she knows is wrong (while I'm nursing Luke) and starts blowing me kisses. That girl has got it figured out.

The babies begged me to do this for my sister's birthday yesterday

So thanks again for all your prayers and amazing advice and encouragement about Luke. And I'm hoping he's turned a corner and is realizing how awesome sleep is. Heck, I didn't discover that until my twenties, so if he has, he's way ahead of me!

10 comments:

  1. ok, so i knew clara was adorable from the pictures but geez the VIDEO?!?! a whole new level! you're one lucky mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad things are better!! Hooray!
    Clara is simply adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha, YAY!!! And, loving the pictures! (Did I ever mention how much I adore bald babies? For some reason, I find them irresistible.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad Luke is doing better! And Clara? Cuteness x's 10...loved the video and hearing her "voice!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable video.

    Now speaking of sleeping...Bella is at a transition between one and two naps and I can't seem to figure out when she needs one nap or two...I totally thought we had this sleep thing down....

    ReplyDelete
  6. stellar news!......but wait a minute!.....you're back to "working" when the kids are sleeping!!!......aaahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, Ashley! Don't worry.. there's a GOOD reason! We didn't have use of our washer and dryer for a few days so I actually looked forward to it yesterday. Only time that's ever happened!

    Julie - Clara's there now. I stretched two naps out longer than I normally would have because of Luke. But now she's refusing!

    Oh and sleep update.. Luke went down for a nap today and went right to sleep! He just looked for my shirt (that he likes to sleep with :) ), curled up with it, stuck his little butt in the air, and was OUT! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, yay! Sleeping babies are a gift from God!

    Clara is KILLING me with cuteness, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE Luke! Even when he's sleepless, and especially when he's "sleep--full."

    ReplyDelete