My progesterone dropped again, this time from 36.5 to 29. The nurse assured me it's not a big deal and claims the drop, itself, is insignificant. But I'm not sure about 29. Of course, I would have LOVED to hear her tell me it was in the high 30's, or even 40's. She said 29 is low zone 3 (it was taken at 12 weeks), but from what I can tell (which isn't much, I'll get to that in a minute) it seems to be high zone 2.
Is anyone else annoyed by the lack of information out there on zones? The only thing I have found is on PPVI's website and it's a small, grainy graph. It's very hard to read the actual numbers (it's the same one I know they email to people as well). If they put so much importance on zones, why can't they make the image a larger file? Or, and this is a novel idea, why don't they just type up the actual zones and corresponding amounts, instead of leaving us to only gather information from a graph?
Okay, my rant on their tiny graph is over.
This most recent result was from a blood draw taken after my PIO dose was cut in half. Today, the nurse instructed me to go from doing shots twice a week to once a week. It makes me nervous to cut it down so much after it dropped, but I suppose I need to trust the doctor.
Clara had her six-month check up today and it went well. She's now in the 10th percentile for weight (for full-term babies, that is), and 5th for length and head circumference. Great news! The doctor said as far as development goes, she is at about five months physically; they'd expect her to be at about three-and-a-half to four months (her adjusted age, since she was ten weeks early), so she's ahead of the game. And the really good news - she's at six months socially. Go Clara! Because isn't it all about being social anyways?!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Test result
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hmmmm. They should have sent you some information on Prog.esterone when you started on it. I got mine in the mail and it did help quite a bit. Also, I'm with you. Why would they drop your dosage if your level dropped? That doesn't make sense. You might want to call the actual institute and confirm that protocol, unless that's who you're already talking to! Double check. That's weird. But it is "normal" for our levels to drop. Mine has dropped and risen several times since the beginning. I guess it's just our crazy bodies! So glad you're doing well, and Clara too!!!
ReplyDeleteI was never such a progesterone addict until Napro. :) Now if I don't over exceed in the progesterone area I feel like a looser!!! hahahaha
ReplyDeleteMy progesterone is 29 too and I was bummed. But that is 29 on our own without the medication. So I'd say that's pretty good considering where we have come from. :)
From one progesterone addict to another.... ;)
good grief, I couldn't help but comment and now you all know that yesterday's stepping away has yet to begun. but i am annoyed at my progesterone as well that has been hanging out in zone two the whole freaking pregnancy. it is currently 33.6 (they say low zone 2) at 17 weeks along. yet, I am also on the half dose of shots. last time when it dipped to zone 2, I went back up to full dose. why the change? and the nurse told me last time that I was in zone 2 until about 24 weeks last time; I looked back and that is simply not true. Grrrr. I share your prog frustration! Sew makes a good point, I just need to get over it.
ReplyDeleteGreat news about Claire though! 6 months is so much fun!
Good for her little social skills!! And I've been confused about zones as well-I wasn't given any information and really have no clue what kind of number I'm even looking for. Maybe you could email Dr. Gianna for an explanation?
ReplyDeletePlease don't take this the wrong way, but I just want to encourage you to try not to stress about your test results! My progesterone was always in the 20s, never the 30s and it was always changing, dropping and rising...I was never on any supplements. Pregnancy is a crazy ride! Now that my son is 4 months old I look back on my pregnancy and wish I would have enjoyed it more and not stressed and worried about every little thing. I 'm not ever sure I'll be pregnant again...I wish I had relaxed a little bit more :) Everything is in God's hands and thank goodness he is GOOD and that he loves to work miracles!
ReplyDeleteSorry about the progesterone frustration. That is weird that they want you to reduce your dosage despite the fact that your level dropped.
ReplyDeleteThat's so great that Clara is above her adjusted age developmentally and is so social.
I love that they have a chart for social development! That makes me smile!
ReplyDeleteIs this progesterone advice from Dr. S's office? I don't understand it, but I do trust him and his people. And I think that some fluctuations and such in progesterone and other hormones are totally normal...we just like to freak out about them. Because that is how we are. :)
ReplyDeleteYES, YES, YES!! I despise that little chart that is so hard to read! I am a bit nervous about this whole progesterone situation. Just being able to add some extra progesterone gives me a sense of security, craziness I know.
ReplyDeleteI don't know who you are working with, but it seems like I get different reaction from certain nurses. Your progesterone is much better than mine, I did not realize we were so close in respective due dates.
Praying for you, progesterone results can cause anxiety.
I am so happy about Clara's wonderful progress!!! This is amazing! Celebrating this milestone with you all!
Yes.. it's from Dr. S's office. I talked to them again today, just to ask if by any chance I could continue on with the twice a week shots. They were really great about it and Dr. S said that while clinically there is no need to stay on twice a week injections because I am in the second trimester and zone 3, he said I can if I want to. I thought that was great, because he listened to my concerns and probably knew it would give me peace of mind (and apparently can't hurt even if I don't need them). I'll probably do it, unless I have a sudden wave of confidence before tomorrow :)
ReplyDeleteWell of course she's advanced in social skills- I would expect nothing less from my Blog Niece :)
ReplyDelete