Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Belly shots

I wasn't going to post a "baby bump" picture just yet, mainly because I think my bump still looks more like a bloat at the moment. And perhaps also because for so many years those photos carried a sort of negative connotation for me, something I quickly clicked off of on others' blogs (feel free to do that now).

But then I realized that after today, when our household officially goes internet free, I won't be able to upload pictures from anything but my phone. And those pictures will be pretty low quality, and most likely huge (I haven't figured out how to get them from phone to blog without them being enormous).

So, I quickly pulled myself together and made Ryan take some shots of me on his dinner break (so please don't pay too much attention to my air-dried-just-pulled-down-from-a-ponytail hair).

I didn't take a belly shot until I was ten weeks and already looking pretty bloated, so I don't really have a "before" picture. But I found one taken most likely right around conception that kind of shows my normal stomach (and no matter what I weigh, my stomach is usually pretty flat, which I more than make up for in other "problem" areas).

Okay, the "before" shot...



And here I am tonight, at 15 weeks, 4 days...



And because I can't post pictures without including one of my other babe...



So there you go. I will try to post pictures, no matter how odd they look, from my phone. And I will still be posting, even if that means I have to send Ryan to work with a printed-out Word document for him to type into blogger on his break (thanks, honey).

And hopefully the next time I post a belly shot, it will look like a big pregnant belly. God willing!

25 comments:

  1. That's definitely a baby bump! You're adorable! I can't wait till you start feeling movement, it's so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! I love it! And I love her! There's just something so sweet about a little baby in footie pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah!!! That is definitely a baby bump!! So very cute and I love the one with Clara!!! She is going to be a great big sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute baby bump! So exciting to have double the fun! = )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! It's so amazing to see that baby bump on you! An answer to so many prayers, with another answer to prayers in your arms already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Karey! Sew's baby bump is bigger than that already lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, I'll be the first never-been-preggo to post a comment on this one :)

    You look absolutely gorgeous and glowing, and of all the baby bumps I see day in and day out at my job, yours is the most awesomest!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!!! I can't believe how incredibly fast it's going, or how fast you're growing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so that makes me the second "never been preggo" to comment? cool!

    You look GREAT! You most certainly look pregnant and not bloated! I love the pic with you and clara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is 100% a baby bump!! Yeah for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're absolutely adorable!!!! yipppeee!

    Oh, and I'm absolutely going to miss you... my heart sank when I read your post but I know it'll be good for all of you... and give you time to prepare your heart for your new arrival....

    Go to Lori's house to post pics for us! Or go to the library and email pics to yourself and post there! We've just got to see pics of that growing cute belly (and cute girl)...

    Kept you in prayer tonight at adoration....

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh and I love the Infant of Prague in the background.. EVERY time I see this image I think of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your baby bump is SO there and SOOO cute! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL @ Beth, her's is baby, mine is fat! I wish mine looked like that! ;) At least she doesn't have two bumps, the fat stomach bump and then the fat bump tire. ;)

    Love it! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE MORE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's definitely a bump - and it looks great on you! Good luck with the internet and cable free life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your bump is so cute :) Love the picture with you and Clara, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so NOT bloat!!! That is all baby :) You are too adorable. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I understand the feelings of not wanting to "show the belly." I was there too, but ultimately, the blog had to be what it had to be ... congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! I've been reading for awhile, and wanted to drop in and say hello! You and your beautiful family have my prayers! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. ok total difference!!! That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely a baby bump! You and Clara are both adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look fantastic! I love love love your Infant of Prague Statue. May I ask where you got it? I have been looking for one.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're so beautiful! Congratulations again. I was nearly in tears when I read your news. It couldn't have happened to a nicer Mom.

    ReplyDelete