Friday, June 4, 2010

Six months of Clara

She was born six months ago; she's been in our lives for five. It's hard to believe it's been that long, but at the same time it feels like we've known her forever. I can't imagine life without her now.

Here's a look back at our journey thus far, which I hope one day Clara can watch and see her amazing transition from three-pound preemie to nearly 14-pound bouncing baby in just six months.

(And, by the way, the first song was our wedding song. In the months before finding out about Clara, I would hear it and think about how I would one day sing it to my baby. It's perfect.)


37 comments:

  1. I love your wedding song; what is it? That slideshow was beautiful; she's grown so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! And CL - It's 'The Luckiest' by Ben Folds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful song for a beautiful baby! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a really good job on that! I hadn't ever heard that first song before, and I thought it was really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, could that be any cuter?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bestill my beating heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! I cannot believe how much she's grown in such a short time...but I guess that's what babies do, isn't it? I love her smile and the way her eyes sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You brought tears of joy to my eyes!! I can't believe how much she's grown!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful!! You did a fabulous job!!!! I can't believe how much she has grown. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet. What is that last song and why I have I never heard it? It sounds familiar but I can't place it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok wow- this pretty much seals it. When I move to Alexandria, I am driving south to meet you, and this gorgeous kid! (sounds stalkerish, swear it's not)

    Also- major props for getting this done before your new baby comes. As a non scrapbooker, non photo montager, I have so much respect for those that do this type of thing.

    What program did you use? (to file away in my memory when I actually get creative!)

    What is the last song? Love all the ones you picked.

    And, in the beginning, those pics are more familiar and it really feels like "we" your readers have been on this journey with you!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love "The Luckiest"! It's such a beautiful song. This is such a neat slideshow, it's so amazing to see how she has grown in just a few months! She will LOVE it someday when she watches it. Oh and also, you have gorgeous hair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got through the first 27 seconds, and had to press "stop." I got SO completely emotional (watching your journey to get Clara in pictures, seeing her so tiny again, and the music... it just put me over the edge!) and I think it's probably a mix of wholesome (incredibly happy for your blessings) and not-so-wholesome (feeling sorry for myself) feelings.
    So, just wanted you to know I ADORE the first 27 seconds and when I am in a better place I truly cannot wait to watch the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes God makes it so easy for us to see His face and Clara is a perfect example of that. Absolutely beautiful.

    Where did you get your highchair??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it, she's gorgeous. I hope you can post a "how to" of how you made the slide show, and how you embedded it into your post! Those of us who are not so tech savvy would be so pleased:). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!! What a blessing she is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! The songs are perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it!!! She is so beautiful and has grown so much. That song is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was so cute. She'll love it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i live ben folds! we almost used this song as our wedding song. clara is so beautiful! she has grown so much! god bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow! What a beautiful slideshow! I must admit, I cried so many tears of joy!!! God is so good. I love little Clara!!!! I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sweet Clara - it is amazing to see her growing right before our eyes in this slideshow :)
    I am so glad that I got to meet your family on the day you all met your sweet Clara!!! I love her big, dark eyes and gorgeous smile!!
    She has been such a blessing of hope for so many people!! I couldn't help but think what a gift she is for everyone to know and love!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is breathtaking how this little miracle and blessing has grown!

    ReplyDelete
  25. SOOO beautiful! I have tears in my eyes. You guys are such a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So sweet! She has grown so much- it is pretty incredible! I know that Clara has thrived so well due to the care of her loving parents! Beautiful slideshow.

    P.S. How did I not know you are a Ben Folds fan?! I've been to more than one Ben Folds/Ben Folds Five concerts. Love that song!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great great great! I love her adorable expressions! Love seeing how big she's gotten, how healthy she looks and the beautiful family you've turned into!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear, your feeling is natural when u hold your baby that time no one can say what is that?? its a gift of god,so take care always.
    god bless you.!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dear if u don't mind can u speak in English..

    ReplyDelete
  30. I found your blog through Sew. I have been sitting here for 45 minutes now reading your adoption story with tears in my eyes. How amazing! And now another baby on the way. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  31. She is sooo cute! Thanks for your comment, it helps to know someone else knows what we're going through :) I think it might be some 4 month sleep regression, coupled with the fact that he doesn't nap as well during the day. Maybe at the end of the night he is just so exhausted and overstimulated that he can't do anything else but cry.
    I hope your little girl gets through this phase and that we have happy, sleepy babies, soon!

    ReplyDelete