Sunday, April 26, 2009

Another road trip

Well there hasn't been much new to post about the last few days, and there still isn't. Great way to start a post and get you to keep reading, I know.

Today is peak +13. I'll probably start a new cycle tomorrow or Tuesday. Hopefully tomorrow I'll also get my peak +11 progesterone result, not that it's a big deal or anything.

Tomorrow we also leave for NYC, where we'll see a Mets game, then, on Tuesday, we'll swing by St. Gianna's shrine on our way home for her feast day Mass.

So we were going to just leave New York after the game Monday night and get a hotel along 95 South in New Jersey. We figured it'd be cheaper, obviously, than staying in New York. But after looking for quite a while, it was discouraging to discover that after fees and tax, it'd cost anywhere from $80 (for a bottom of the barrel roach motel) to $125 (for a Hol.iday Inn or Com.fort Inn). We're not talking luxury here, people! And, remember, these are just hotels off of random exits in New Jersey. It's not like they are in some beautiful location or anything (no offense, Jersey-ites.. I'm not knocking your state. I'm just referring to your average motel located between a truck stop and a Perk.ins).

The final straw was when I read a review of one motel in our price range in which the person said a prostitute was using the room next door to them. I hate spending a lot of money to sleep somewhere for one night, but that's where I draw the line.

So, Ryan suggested trying Price.line. I remembered that we had used that years ago, and always had good luck. Well, let's just say that I did it yesterday and we got a 4 star hotel in Manhattan for $100! And we checked its website and the same room goes for $289! So much better than staying in a crappy motel somewhere! It helped that we're going on a Monday and the economy is bad, meaning there are probably tons of empty rooms. But the roach motels still wanted to charge me an arm and a leg!

I am so excited because I LOVE hotels. Especially nice ones. And we haven't stayed in one in New York in a few years.

Now I'm looking for things to do before the game Monday and before heading to Pennsylvania on Tuesday. We've done most of the touristy things since we've been there so often, and I lived there for a couple summers when I was in college. We always end up just walking around, usually shopping, wishing we had had a plan. So I'm trying to come up with one.

That's about it for me. Pretty boring. But I'll have lots of pictures after the next two days, and I'll be praying for all of you at St. Gianna's feast day Mass! See you Wednesday!

15 comments:

  1. Go to the the black market and get a fake gucci or coach! Oh I can't remember the name but a must when I was a flight attendant! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'M SO JEALOUS!!!!

    i can't believe that you found a hotel for $100 in manhattan! mr. jb and my bf's hubby went to NYC last summer and they stayed in queen's and paid $89/night. they needed a place where parking was included since anywhere more centrally located was WAY out of budget and parking wasn't included.

    i haven't been to NYC since 2004 and i'm so lucky that one of my bridesmaids lives in jersey city. it's such a great city -- i used to dream of living there...

    p.s. i agree with sew, head to china town and get some good knockoffs, again so jealous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the weather's nice, a day in the park would be excellent! You can grab some sandwiches and have a picnic lunch...

    JB, I thought at first you were saying Jersey City was such a great city... lmao!

    Have a great trip, and I'll see ya Tuesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to NYC, so have enough fun for me.
    Thank you for remembering us in your prayers when you visit the shrine.
    I hope you both enjoy the game! It will be a good road trip. Hope your bloodwork comes back well.
    Oh, I never told you how much we loved your documentary film. We got the video on Good Friday and watched it immediately. What a tribute to the fantastic people who shared their faith with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love NYC!!! Enjoy your trip! I wish I could meet you at the shrine, this is my busy time for work and Tuesday I have 3 meetings, 1 2 groups to run and 2 assessments. Whew! Please say prayers for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TCIE - That is actually what we're probably gonna do! I want to rent a row boat. I've never done that there before and I just thought it sounded so fun!

    LIM - Thanks! I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a GREAT trip!

    I'll be praying you have a beautiful time at the Shrine. I really can't wait to hear about it. Put in a good word for me :) hehe.

    A safe trip to you and Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the park and the rowboat sound awesome. prayers for the rest of us at the shrine sound pretty awesome too!

    did Gianna have trouble conceiving, too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Misfit - She had at least two miscarriages, as far as I know. And while she did have four children, I know in her novena it says when she became pregnant the last time it was "a gift long awaited".

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your trip! Sounds like you have a lot of fun plans - between the game, hotel and trip to
    Gianna's shrine. Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sew, you used to be a flight attendant? Oh my gosh I am terrified of flying. How did you do it?

    Yay for priceline! We have never used it before but I'm thinking now we might need to give it a try!

    Have a wonderful trip and keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun! Can you please post some photos of the St. Gianna shrine? I've never been there. Thanks for the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My sister-in-law went to the National Shrine of St. Gerard in Newark during a trip to New York and became pregnant soon after. This followed a couple years of IF and a failed adoption. May be worth a visit if you've never been there: http://www.saintlucy.net/saintgerard.htm. We've been meaning to plan a trip up there for a while now - I'll have to check out Priceline for hotel deals.

    ReplyDelete