Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day two

Seven states. 16 hours. 1,150 miles. Five fast-food stops. Countless potty breaks. One spilled hot coffee debacle.

And we are only half way :)

We have eight more hours to drive today alone! Overall, the time is flying by and I can't complain. Our kids are amazing (hopefully they won't start losing it as soon as I hit "publish"). They have watched the new Thomas movie (about the new train Luke, of course) about fifty times. They love their new Leappad Explorers (don't tell them they're not iPads!) and take a good, long nap at least once a day. Oh, and Clara randomly will tell us she loves us and we'll even hear kissing noises periodically, to which we are to respond with our own kissing noises. I'm not sure how we got so lucky!

It's not all sunshine and roses, though. Luke was a bit crazy last night. We got in around 2 a.m and since the poor kid was all thrown off, he was wired and I'm pretty sure he didn't fall asleep until about five. Needless to say, the entire hotel could hear a very tired little boy screaming as we got ready this morning.

Now for what you're all probably waiting for... no baby yet as far as we know. And there's even a chance we might make it in time! But at this point, we're close enough that we won't get there too long after even if baby comes soon.

Oh, and one more thing - until around noon, we were following the same path as we did when we went to get Clara. So, for old time's sake, and because we're weird, we made a pit stop just so we could recreate a photo we took almost three years ago. The reason it's weird is because we're not Alabama fans! But apparently it has become a family tradition. And if we're passing through Tuscaloosa ten years from now, I'm making him hold her like a baby then too :)

13 comments:

  1. Love that yall recreated that picture! So sweet!!!

    Thanks for the updates!!! I'm loving them! Praying Luke gets better sleep tonight! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I don't have a smart phone and was flying today-I had to wait ALL DAY to check your blog. It was killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture!! How amazing you were able to recreate it! Can't wait for the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea where you're headed, or the highway route you're driving, but you're welcome to stop here in central Texas, if you need to. We'd love to see you, whether it'd be the four of you or the FIVE of you. (wow!) Just email or facebook me if you'll be passing through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just looked at a map and made a guess at where you're headed. If, by chance, you're heading through Dallas, we're not too far off the beaten path. I know Killeen/Fort Hood is about three hours away from Dallas directly, but if you're traveling through Texas, it's not much of an overall detour. Cora and Mac would love to play with Luke and Clara too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting, and I love the pictures!! What a blessing that the kids are being so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hanging on every word!! Can't wait for more updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. continued prayers for your safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great trip so far! I love that you are keeping us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! I don't know how you are doing it - I won't even drive to Phoenix (3 hours away) with my two, lol! Love it! I LOVE, love, love that picture. I have a similar one of Jax and me on the boardwalk in MI when he was a newborn and again this past summer. You and I are a lot alike in that way I think - sentimental:). Anyway, happy travels and I CANNOT WAIT for the next update:)!

    ReplyDelete