This morning as I was running some last minute errands for our big trip, I got a phone call letting me know that the birth mom was in labor.
Cue massive freak out.
We spent the next couple hours frantically packing (thankfully I'd done the bulk of it last night) and loading the car. Then, right before we were about to leave, I found out it was actually a false alarm. But since Ryan had already called in to work and we were packed, we just decided to hit the road anyway.
We're unshowered and none of us ate anything until 3 p.m. And you don't want to see the state I left my house in! But we're already in our second state and the kids are sound asleep.
It was really such a blessing that this happened like this, because now we are on our way (I hated the wait!) and we don't have to rush. And now if we find out that she's in labor, then we already will have a head start.
It's the first I've relaxed in days.
And we're blessed to have amazing friends helping us out. Our good friend (and fellow blogger) L is watching our dog. I cannot tell you what a gift that is. And our friends E and S (who may be reading this! Hey there!) are watching our house.
We hope to get to Atlanta tonight. And in about an hour we'll be making our first pitstop, at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
The adventure has officially begun!

Woooooooo!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!!!!! It must be such a rush to know you are going to meet your (second) daughter!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting! I don't think I've ever commented before (?) but I love your story, and I'm rooting for you guys. Weird side note: is that your husband on younghouselove.com? Feel weird recognizing other people's husbands on blogs... going now. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYup, it is! :) That is so funny!
DeleteYay! I'm in Atlanta! And although I'm just a stalker who has been around since Clara's adoption, I'm tickled that this miracle is happening again for you guys. *hugs and traveling mercies*
ReplyDeleteI came to comment on your last post and there's already an update...yippee! :) Safe travels! Can't believe this is really happening!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo! We'll be in Atlanta for a layover tomorrow morning. So for a few hours we'll be in the same city!
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me sooo much of the coming of Clara into your family! I was crying tears of joy and was hitting the refresh button all holidays. Sooooooo excited for this little girl!
ReplyDeleteI am soo excited for y'all!!! I've followed ur blog since before Clara! Love how God is wking big in y'all's lives :)!!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!!
ReplyDeletePrayers, prayers, prayers! Trying to contain my excitement for you all. God bless!
ReplyDeleteHappy travels! Love that you keep us updated!!! God Bless .
ReplyDeleteYay!!!! Happy Travels!
ReplyDeleteWe'll be praying for you guys!! We were following along on your first journey and are honored to read about your journey to baby #3! You have been an inspiration to us. We have 2 blessings through adoption ....and are keeping our hearts open for #3! Can't wait to read more about how the Lord works in your life...
ReplyDeletePrayers coming your way...
ReplyDeleteAaaaaah! I'm so excited! Travel safe! (And someday I need to know your trick to getting them to sleep while traveling!)
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you!
ReplyDeleteGod bless..I have been following you since Clara's adoption (well before) and have loved watching your family grow! Godspeed and good luck with the two littles in the car!
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you! Can't wait to follow along the journey!
ReplyDeletePrayers coming from down south!!
ReplyDeletebest CHRISTMAS ever!!!
ReplyDelete