Monday, June 30, 2008

Ovulation symptoms?

I'm feeling better, psychologically speaking. Thank you, everyone, for your prayers and support. I'm going to have a bad day now and then, so thanks for reminding me that God is good and that I should have hope. Today was much better and I also firmly believe it has something to do with hormones (I'm not saying my feelings are completely due to hormones, but I think hormones determine when I feel the heartache more deeply). 

I'm not sure what cycle day it is off the top of my head (and I'm too lazy to walk into the other room to check), but I'm guessing it's like day eleven or twelve. Late tonight I started having abdominal pain. My entire abdominal region was rock hard and bloated, with pain mainly on the left side. It's not from food because I haven't eaten much today and haven't had anything out of the ordinary. I'm hoping this is just my ovaries getting ready to ovulate. I can't imagine I'm ovulating now, though, because my temp is still low and today was only my first day of mucus.

I haven't traditionally experienced a "feeling" of ovulation, like some women report, but the past couple cycles I have had some mid-cycle pain (further proving my point that this ovulation thing is fairly new for me). And speaking of ovulation, we are determined to use the right days this cycle. It seems like every time I look back on my chart we never used every opportunity. There's always a gap or I thought we'd have more time only to find out it was my last day of mucus. Or - and this happens almost like clockwork each month - we have a fight on what would have been our best day. What's with that? I'm sure it wouldn't have mattered, but it just makes you wonder!  

And one more update - the met is still going well. I experience a very slight upset feeling in my stomach a couple times each day but I definitely wouldn't go so far as to call it nausea. And I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I'm not as hungry as often (which is fine by me!). 

Alright, I'm off to bed.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that's very cool that you're noticing symptoms of ovulation! (And, of course, especially cool to know that you do ovulate.) I know I've had pain for more than one day in some cases, so maybe your ovaries are gearing up to ovulate a few days from now? I am with you on the hormones affecting mood thing, too. Definitely happens for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you're doing a little better, that you're adjusting well to met (it knocked me on my face at church today!) and that you're ovulating! Much reason to praise tonight--celebrating with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know God is with you and will "Deliver."
    the desire in your heart for children is real and He will fulfill that desire. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those could be promising symptoms! I didn't have any this last month, and I totally missed the fact that I O'ed until like 3 days later when I was putting my temps in Fertility Friend. Normally I'd have *tmi alert, tmi alert* EWCM that heralded an approaching O, but not this month.

    Yay for the met taking away some of your appetite, I had the same sensation. Now I'm normally so hungry I feel like eating anything and everything. ;) big hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so great that you are feeling better and also that O is approaching!! Yay!

    You've inspired me to write a blog about the fighting around O time thing... I do exactly the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've always felt ovulation pain -- ever since i was in high school if you can believe it!

    i'm glad that you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never felt any "O" symptoms, so I think it's awesome that you are now!

    Stay w/ the Met and that will help. Like you, I've switched to a diet very similar to the GI diet and it's helped tremendously w/ the side effects of Met. (the key, I think is low-to-no fat).

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete