Friday, June 13, 2008

A few more things...

First of all, I forgot to point out that tomorrow is our next infertility support group meeting. If you are anywhere near the Richmond, VA area, consider joining us! It's at St. Benedict's Catholic Church, 300 North Sheppard St., Richmond, at 9 a.m.

Secondly, I was going to tell you all that my new website was up and running today, but I've decided it needs a little more work before I "go public". Actually, a lot more work. Anyone familiar with iWeb? It's like a super-easy website design program, but it's still not easy enough for me.

Lastly, I am very sad to hear about the passing of Tim Russert. Since my husband and I are/were both journalists, we've always liked him, especially my husband. Just a week and a half ago, my husband had the opportunity to interview him (which happened only after talking another reporter into letting him do the interview which she was originally scheduled for). He was so excited. They had a few things in common - both from Buffalo, both huge Bills fans, both t.v. news anchors and both political junkies. Russert probably had my husband's dream job - a political journalist. Actually, my husband warned me that he might not come home from the interview because if Russert asked him to work for him at the NBC Washington Bureau, he was just going to follow him back!

Here they are together on May 31:



He was also a devout Catholic, apparently attended Mass several times a week, and was at the Vatican with his family just days before he died.

May he rest in peace.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your husband got a chance to meet him. God's peace to his family and to all who loved him.

    Best wishes as you begin your support group. I pray that i t will encourage and equip many.

    Also, please pass on my greetings to your friend you started the group with and my thanks for her kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the support group.

    I was also sad to hear about Tim Russert (and shocked, he was so young). How amazing that your husband was able to interview him such a short time ago. Many prayers for Tim's soul and for his family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat that the interview took place on the Feast of the Visitation....now he can pray for us. May God bring peace to the Russert family. I know we were all shocked at the news today, my husband just loved him.

    Good luck at tomorrows support group meeting. I'll be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are your temps lately, lady? You need to post a new cycle update this weekend :) I've had some pretty high temps, myself, but then again a) it's mad hot out, and b) I'm just at the point in my post-Peak where my P4 SHOULD be peaking, so it's somewhat to be expected.
    Anyway, I just can't shake this good feeling I have about you this month...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm also so sad that tim has passed away. he's an institution at our house and my husband spent a lot of time last night crying about his passing.

    as we were discussing tim last night i made the comment that only the good die young.

    i wish you luck in your support group, you'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so shocked to hear about Tim Russert's passing. What a blessing that your husband was able to interview him.

    I have so enjoyed your last posts and am praying for you!. Was it two weeks ago that your blog's inspiration was in the responsorial psalm? I prayed for you in a special way then.

    Also, I know iweb pretty well. Just let me know if you need anything. You have my email :)

    ReplyDelete