Sunday, September 14, 2014

I'm back, with some changes ahead

I decided to temporarily make my blog private last month and I thought absolutely no one would notice. I thought I'd simply change the setting, disappear for a few weeks, and pop back up with a new post, and no one would be any wiser. After all, I've only posted once since May. May! Not to mention that blogs have been pretty much dying a quick death thanks to the demise of Google Reader (which I never used myself, but have heard was pretty popular).

But, it turns out, I was wrong. Lo and behold, people do still actually read this little blog of mine. You emailed, texted and facebook messaged me, asking where it went and if you could read it. You made me feel so loved!

The truth is, no one had access to my blog while it was private except for me. And I didn't post anything (I don't post while it's public, so...). And now it's public again. And maybe I'll even post on a somewhat regular basis. I just hope I didn't lose all the readers I had left by getting rid of my blog for the past month.

So while I'm here, I guess I'll share some news. My husband has accepted a new job and we are moving in a couple weeks. It's an amazing opportunity. A huge answer to prayer. He'll be a national correspondent for one of the cable news channels. He'll be working for their feed service, which means you may see him pop up on one of your local channels reporting on national news. And you may see him on the actual network at times too. (As I re-read this, I sound all calm and collected. But imagine me doing a little jig and jumping up and down and that's more like how we feel about this dream situation, okay?)

We'll be living in corporate housing for a month or two, so I'll hopefully be posting about our adventures in the city. And then we'll be moving to the suburbs, which will be an adventure all its own. I'm excited and nervous and slightly overwhelmed. But mostly just thankful for this opportunity. And super proud of my hard-working husband, who is so good at what he does.


You know, being a dad. But he's pretty exceptional at the reporter thing too.

28 comments:

  1. Wahoo!! Good to hear from you! Congrats to your hubby on the new gig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome about the promotion! I can't imagine being married to a public celebrity! How romantic! Lol
    DC is such a fun place. I love it out there. I have 3 siblings in NOVA and Andrew has 4 siblings in NOVA so we visit there often. Next time out, we have to stop by...probably next summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is that for the first time in years, he won't be a local celebrity. No one will know who he is where we will live, because he won't be on the local news!

      Delete
  3. I didn't know you were hiding but I'm glad you decided against it because I love following your sweet little family! I

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you, Karey, and I'm glad you're back. Congrats on your new adventure and I'm looking forward to hearing more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so exciting! :) Congratulations to your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are back.... Your blog is one of my favorites! Congrats on your big news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is pretty awesome news!! Congrats to R and you all! What an adventure living in the city, sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new job and the move! Sounds like some exciting times ahead :) I saw the video of the painted room the kids did on a news station and thought oh my gosh Karey must be flipping out at the clean up! Then I showed my husband and said "see I know famous blog people!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you! You are in my thoughts and prayers, Endo sister!

    Love,
    Maria In Mass remember me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. (Sigh of relief). Your blog is the first and only one I read for years. So glad you are back. Congrats on the move!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to see you back. I have missed seeing those cute cherubic faces.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have followed you well before an babies and was so afraid you'd gone private and I wouldn't be able to virtually enjoy your writing. So glad you are here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still reading and excited for you all as you begin this exciting new chapter in your lives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been reading since before you adopted your first! so glad you're back :) I have three kids the same ages as yours so I love to read about your mommy life!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually didn't notice - 'cause I've been absent for about that same length of time :). Congratulations to Ryan! Where in the suburbs will you be living, do you suppose? I have all sorts of thoughts on shopping for houses in this area, as you might guess :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you! I'm going to send you an email.

      Delete
  16. I am SO excited for your family. Cannot wait to chat soon about all the details!! Call me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations!!! Very exciting news!! I too have wondered where your blog has gone..missed reading it, have been reading it for a really long time! (maybe even before you adopted Clara)
    Great to see you back!
    Greetings from Croatia!

    ReplyDelete
  18. good to have you back! I thought about asking to be invited to the private blog but I realized you'd probably think I was a stalker!!
    love your blog!
    (also have a Clara - few months older than yours... - and a Grace - few months younger than yours... what are the odds?)
    greetings from Portugal...!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to you and Ryan! So happy you are back. You were the first Catholic infertility blogger I found (in 2012). Your story touched my heart in a time when I felt alone. Thanks again for your beautiful writing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How exciting! My very best wishes for your move, and I'm glad your blog is public again - I have enjoyed reading it as we travel our own adoption journey.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've missed you! Congratulations on your exciting move coming up. Will be praying for a smooth transition!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Please never ever stop blogging! I've been reading since long before Clara came along. Your blog posts have always been incredibly touching and meaningful...and I find myself returning to re read old posts that have moved me so. The one about the song The Summons is one that comes to mind, and a fairly recent one titled Without Infertility. The Holy Spirit has used your internet presence to reach many of us readers in ways you probably never knew. Thank you for each and every post, and thank you for sharing your incredibly precious children with us. May the Lord continue to bless your family! Good luck with your move, and congrats about your husband's new job! -G

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my heart is HAPPY!!! You are one of my must reads - no matter whether there is new content or not - so when your blog went private, I mourned. Thank you for being public again, even if you are not posting. Congratulations on the new job and move!!! So excited to read all about your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Chiming in late...to say congrats on the new position!, I saw some chatter on a completely non infertility website that mentioned your hubby and I was like...oh yeah!!

    Sorry I don't live in "those" suburbs anymore, as we moved to Georgia. But if you find yourself coming to CNN headquarters....send me an email.
    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete