So lately I've been told a number of times I don't look pregnant yet (even by my endocrinologist the other day). Since I've dreamed of looking pregnant for so many years now, I have anxiously awaited being at the point where it was obvious. Plus, I've gained a ton of weight, so I'd like to know at least some of it was being distributed to my belly area.
Well, finally, at 30 weeks, someone thought I looked pregnant enough to just assume it and ask when I am due! This made my day!
I was getting a pedicure (thanks, Mom!) and the woman doing it asked "When are you ready?" I didn't know what she meant, so she asked again, this time pointing to her stomach.
She knew I was pregnant! Bless this woman! I was thrilled.
On a side note, this is especially poignant because a couple years ago I was getting another pedicure from a different woman who said she could tell I'd never been pregnant because of my build. This gave me quite a laugh because a) not all previously-pregnant women have the same body type, b) of course the ultra-sensitive infertile girl gets told she even looks barren, and, c) if she meant I was slight in the hips or something, well, that's not something I had ever been accused of before and I'll take it! I definitely concentrated on 'c' at the time :)
So, apparently, I finally look pregnant. At least to someone!
In other news, Clara's baptism is tomorrow (well, technically, tonight since it's past midnight). Praise God! I'll hopefully post pictures in the next couple days.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Finally!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is so great! That is a great milestone!! And, you tell a funny story!
ReplyDeleteGod's blessings on Clara's baptism... I can't wait to see the pictures!!
Yay for you and Clara! So excited for her special day! :)
ReplyDeleteI understand what you mean, it is a good feeling to look pregnant and not in the in between stage. Plus, when you've waited so long you do look forward to that big belly. I laughed the other day when a toys r us clerk, teenage male, was hesistant to assume. I teased him it was actually an insult to not assume at this point! :) I am happy for your growing belly-pics please! And congrats to sweet Clara-sucha big day!
ReplyDeleteI thought the last pic you totally looked pregnant! :)
ReplyDeleteDying to see pics of C baptism!!! Can't wait!!!!
oh my!!! C's baptism!!! How wonderful..... prayers!
ReplyDeleteand yay on you looking preggo!
I bet you're adorable :)
That is is so funny! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to sweet Clara! :)
yay! So exciting! I have a feeling I'll be like you - taking forever to show. People keep telling me I don't look 19 weeks, and they're right. Are you tall? I'm told it's because I am tall and the baby has lots of room to stretch. I'm ok with it, though, because I know that big belly can get cumbersome. As long as I can get a few good weeks of a baby belly, I'll feel blessed:). It's all so amazing, isn't it?! Take care and enjoy your now-obvious baby bump:).
ReplyDeleteOh, and congrats to baby C and your family - can't wait to see pics of the big day!
What a blessed day!!!! Can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDeleteAnd that is too funny you were told you (basically) "looked" barren! OMG, I would have had to slap someone.
How wonderful for both you and Clara!!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see photos of Clara's special day!
I want to see pics of your belly! I'm so happy for you. And yay for Clara's big day!!!
ReplyDeleteyah!!! Looking pregnant feels better I am sure than just feeling it :)
ReplyDeleteHope Clara enjoys her special day! I know her parents will be GLOWING with joy and thankfulness!!
I am SO trying to figure out how anyone could think you don't even look pregnant??? I think you totally look pregnant! But then again I knew you before you were pregnant, which was when you were UBER-tiny and thin (not that you are uber fat now or anything but you get my point).
ReplyDeleteI bet more people realize you are pregnant than you think!!
I am so sorry we can't make it today for Clara's special day, we had to meet with our realtor this morning and have been working non-stop with getting our house ready. I pray all of God's blessings on this beautiful sacrament for a very beautiful and special little girl!!!
Blessing to Clara on her baptism day! Welcome to the Church!
ReplyDeleteYay for looking pregnant but sheesh! Really? People really haven't assumed you are pregnant by now? In all the photos you have posted of yourself for the last several weeks, you've been nothing but belly! I'm glad that you are getting the acknowledgment your bump deserves!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see pics of C's baptism! Welcome to the Church Clara!
Blessed Baptism Day, Clara and family! Such a beautiful thing to celebrate. God's blessings on your continuing journey of faith.
ReplyDeleteYay! And you definitely look pregnant! Such a cute bump.
ReplyDelete