What a blessing this weekend has been, and what an answer to prayer it was as well.
Clara was baptized yesterday in a beautiful ceremony at our parish, and our family and friends came from far and wide to celebrate with us. We were so thrilled to have everyone here for it and so thankful they all could make it.
I wasn't sure how a nearly-ten-month-old baby would react to being baptized, especially at 6:30 in the evening (not her best time) after already sitting through an hour-long Mass. But she did great. She was quite talkative at the very beginning, but as soon as the first hymn started playing (Be Thou My Vision, which almost made me cry), she fell asleep in her Godfather's arms. She slept the rest of the time, even through the water being poured over the head and the only time she really woke up was as we stood on the alter at the very end and everyone clapped for her. She opened her huge eyes, clearly startled, and looked at everyone, only to fall back asleep about two seconds later.
The baptism was so special, from start to finish. I actually almost cried a couple times, especially when our priest said during his homily that before the foundation of the earth, God had written it for her to be our daughter. I almost lost it with that, as did Ryan.
After the baptism, Father came up to me and commented on how incredibly blessed we are, and how it wasn't that long ago that I sat in his office for spiritual direction and things were very bleak. Now he was baptizing our daughter, with our son in my womb. It really is amazing.
The day and ceremony went by so fast, but at least I can savor the moment every time I smell her oily hair. I'm not going to bathe her again until tomorrow.
Of course, I have pictures. GIMH was kind enough to take a bunch with my camera...
We are so thankful to God that our sweet little baby was able to receive her first sacrament. I was not sure when this day would come, and for her to receive it sooner then we expected was such a wonderful blessing. We love you, dear Clara. Welcome to the Body of Christ!
Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful! She looks like a little angel and you look so beautiful!! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteI finally managed to get your package in the mail...did it arrive safely?
Hebrews - Oh yes, thank you!! I got it just as our visitors were arriving late last week and in all the commotion I forgot to email you. Thank you so much for thinking of me! I love it :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures. Congratulations, Clara!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
ReplyDeleteHow amazing! Congratulations, Clara!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the family of God, sweet Clara!!!
ReplyDeleteShe's just beautiful, K! So glad you were FINALLY able to get her baptized!!! What a beautiful family you are!!!
Congratulations Clara! What a beautiful sacrament and Clara was such a little angel!
ReplyDeleteAnd phew...I'm glad the pics turned out despite our church's dim lighting! :)
Oh wow, these pictures are so incredibly beautiful. I cannot imagine how beautiful it all was in real life!
ReplyDeleteClara looks like an angel. Seriously!
She is so precious. Yes, welcome to the body of Christ, Clara! We love you!
These pics make me so happy!!! So beautiful! Our sweet Jesus is smiling down, I know. Hugs
ReplyDeleteamazing!!!
ReplyDeleteThe joy is so thick, I love it!
Welcome to the Church Clara! WE are blessed to have YOU!
ReplyDeleteWhat a perfect day! Love the pictures, and you look great! Your priest was right, such an amazing turnaround of circumstances!
ReplyDeleteBlessing Clara!!!
ReplyDeleteTears in my eyes!!!!! SO beautiful! Ahh I love it :) Congratulations Clara!
ReplyDeleteOH, how amazing!!! She is a doll... beautiful! ENjoy that chrism oil smell :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Clara! Oh, isn't the smell of her head just intoxicating right now? I waited a week to bathe Sarah because I didn't want to wash off that fragrance.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures of such a happy, joyous day!
This is pretty much the perfect post.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to all of you!
ReplyDeleteThat was such an amazing baptism!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you all!!! Give her a kiss for me!!
Congratulations! Beautiful pictures!
ReplyDeleteYay! Congrats on the newest member of the Catholic family! :)
ReplyDeleteaww! so precious! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteWow--you are so incredibly blessed and so is Clara! Congratulations on the baptism. You are an inspiration to never lose hope in miracles.
ReplyDeleteI thought I had commented but I guess not?? Anyway, Congrats sweet Clara! The pics are beautiful K, you and Clara are glowing!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, these pictures are beautiful and I am all teary eyed looking at your beautiful family and sweet Clara. What a glorious time for your family! God Bless dear Clara, she is just so amazing.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you all! Wonderful pictures ~ thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteI've been playing catch up on your blog! This post brought tears to my eyes...so sweet and Clara looks so precious!
ReplyDeleteAlso, just watched the video of her hanging from the mobile and that was so cute, and cracked me up, b/c it's so true...you just don't expect them to do something and then all of a sudden they are at that stage! :)
I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left! So exciting! :)
Did I not comment?! Love it! Congrats! ;)
ReplyDelete