Thursday, December 31, 2009

Terrible results

My progesterone was 13.8 on peak +7. I am floored. I think that's the lowest it's been in an long as I can remember.

What does this mean? Am I the only crazy person whose progesterone actually gets LOWER on a progesterone supplement (I'm taking 100 mg endometrin twice a day)? When not taking progesterone supplements, it's usually in the high teens, sometimes in the 20's and has been as high as 44 in the past. And now 13?

Last month my doctor told me it needs a cycle before it kicks in, but this is my second cycle on it!

And you know there isn't a lot of information out there on something when your own blog comes up when you google it!

I'm trying not to freak out. It's just that I didn't even go on this to raise my progesterone. It has always been great. I went on it because my doctor said my estradiol/progesterone ratio was a little off. And now my progesterone is low!! Does this mean it'd be even lower if I hadn't taken it the past two cycles? I doubt it. I seriously think that somehow taking progesterone is actually lowering my progesterone. But how is that even possible?

My estradiol was 129 in case you're wondering. Interestingly enough, the ratio is perfect. Great! My progesterone is lower than normal despite inserting it you-know-where twice a day, yet my ratio is dead on!

My doctor's office called in a prescription for more endometrin but I don't even want to take it now. What's the point? Why go through terrible cramps, mood swings, headaches and leaking all day long for lower progesterone? (Update: Ya, it would cost $250 so I won't be picking that up. I could call and ask for my doctor to call in an order for only a few pills, if they even do that, but I'm not going to waste my time).

My body is a mess. It can't even get this right.

I just hope and pray that at least this might reveal some problem that hasn't been diagnosed yet. At least that could come out of it.

And good riddance, 2009. I hate you! Yes, I hate a year. The whole, entire, terrible year. You were the worst year of my life. When I hear you talked about in the future I will cringe. At least this was a fitting way to end it. Hope tomorrow is better.

10 comments:

  1. It's funny, but not helpful, that you are getting your blog as a result. Can you get your Dr. to prescribe HCG for next cycle if they feel that you need some support to get high progesterone and a good ratio? I'm sorry that you are have continue to deal with a difficult body.

    I hope tomorrow is better too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking hcg too, when I read your post. Dr. Hilger's is a strong believer in hcg for the ratio thing and only scripts poi, not the suppositories. I am sorry-how frustrating. On a lighter note, I think misfit posted this hilarious link about the year. I recently sent it out in an email entitled: we must laugh or we might start crying-a funny reflection on 2009.
    still wiping tears and clutching my sides from this one. so worth the read. hope it makes you smile
    http://www.miamiherald.com/living/columnists/dave-barry/v-fullstory/story/1397654.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry! I don't know why your level would be lower, but was this what your Dr. was aiming for if he was trying to adjust your ratio? Did it also lower your E2 level? I'm as confused as you.

    I'm with you! 2009 can kiss my behind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The same exact thing happened to me this past cycle! I suspect I didn't ovulate, and you may not have either. I was on 300 mgs of progesterone, and still wound up with only 18.8 at P+7.
    Your 13.3 could be due to the progesterone supplements alone, and not be a good indicator of ovulation.

    hCG may be better for you post-Peak. But you may want to look into other ovulation stims (NOT TAMOX, omg, why is your Dr obsessed with that stuff???) - Femara or even low dose injectables... I know where you can get them... hehehe!!

    2009 can kiss my you-know-what.

    Bring it, 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obviously, we are all familiar with your history with tamoxifen. But I was put on it originally to fix my estrogen-progesterone ratio, and it worked. Did it work that way for you when you were on it? If so, maybe something like clomid (or does HCG do that too?) that drives the whole cycle? Because something weird is obviously up with you and progesterone supplementation. And I am totally on board with your reasoning - if meds don't fix what they were prescribed for and make you miserable, THEY CAN GO!

    Hope your doctor can solve this mystery. And HAVE A HAPPY *NEW* YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. boy you said it, I'm ready for this year to be done. :) what about hcg for post peak instead of acutal progesterone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I can't help but to be excited that you are a wonderful candidate for HCG and it's only $52 a MONTH!!!!!!!!! And it's the best drug you have ever experienced in your life!

    I hate progesterone everything about it.....

    But there is a good thing about 2009...BW! :) A sisterhood that was formed!

    2010 my dear is only going to be up for you! I know it!

    And Dr.S. does low dose injectibles and HCG!!!

    Can I get a woot-woot up in here!!!

    I'm still getting your package together! I will get it out next week. I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the others K, you need to get yourself some HCG! I can't wait to start taking mine again. I never, ever thought that I would excited to stick myself with needles, but I am!!!!

    I agree, 2009 needs a kick in the @$$!
    Bring it on 2010!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2008 stunk it up for me. Worst year ever. 2010's gotta be better! I'll be praying that it will be for you.

    Get drunk tonite haha. Sounds good doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's to 2010! I am so done with this year as well...sorry you're feeling so terrible. The lupron just kicked in for me last night- its been horrendous. I think I'm going to start a blog actually just to document the side effects so I'll let you know if I do.

    ReplyDelete