Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas pics

Thankfully I have felt fine since going back to taking the Endometrin twice a day. I did have some pain today, but it felt ovarian this time. Not sure what that means. I'll be getting my peak +7 blood draw tomorrow and I'm really hoping my progesterone is higher this month. We shall see.

I'm about to get into bed (way early for me, I'm blaming the progesterone) but wanted to share some pictures first:


Our nephew trying on the shirt we got him



Sophie didn't seem to mind having bows around her for a good part of the day


Here she is with her favorite uncle


It was long overdue, but I finally painted my sister-in-law's wedding bouquet for her


A better view of the painting



Having the painting to do actually helped lift my spirits right before Christmas. I know I should be doing more projects like that, it's just that depression is a downward spiral - I don't have the energy or the drive to do the very things that would make me happier. I'm going to try though.

That being said, I actually am working on a project right now. It's in the very beginning stages, but I think I've come up with an adoption fundraiser. More to come on that soon!

23 comments:

  1. You did a great job on the painting! that is amazing!!! What a great gift!

    Is there anyone you can talk to you about your depression? I know that helped me tremendously! Therapy is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful painting! You are very talented :). You should set up an Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can think of an adoption fundraiser for you...paint something and I'll probably like it enough to buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked the medals! I posted on my blog about the hydrocort stuff (in a comment for yesterday's blog), just fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the painting. What a great gift for your SIL. I'm glad to hear you are feeling ok on the Endometrin now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. K, what a beautiful painting!!!! I love it!

    I'm so sorry you had a tough Christmas. I think Sew is right... You gave Fr. K a chance...now maybe it's time to move on to one of the priests at the abbey. I'm sure one of them could meet with you before/after your adoration time. Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The painting is absolutley BEAUTIFUL! You are so freaking talented, amazing! I am jealous, haha! Seriously, I wish I could paint like you :)

    I love your Christmas pic.s. It looks like you had a nice time even though I know you're going through a hard time. Please know we're praying for you!!!
    xo,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the fundraiser idea! DOING something, moving forward is a sure fire way to feel better and be happier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the painting - so beautiful. I would have much preferred a painting of my bouquet rather than having it freezedried and too delicate to handle.

    It looks like you had a nice Christmas with your family, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the painting is just beautiful... you have an amazing talent.

    the pictures of sophie are so cute - looks like she was having a lot of fun.

    can't wait to hear details on the fundraiser...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so beautiful, your family is so beautiful, your doggie is so beautiful, and that painting is AWESOME!

    Can't wait to hear about the fundraiser...

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a gorgeous painting! I second the etsy shop- my sister has one for her paintings at http://www.etsy.com/shop/brigittemarie?ga_search_query=brigittemarie&ga_search_type=seller_usernames

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous painting K!!!

    Adoption fundraiser, you say? Sounds interesting!

    And I agree with callmemama, you should definitely think of opening an Etsy shop. I'd love a painting of my bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to hear about the fundraiser! Whatever it is, you have our full support!!! Whatever you're selling, we're buying! ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. PLEASE set up an Etsy shop!!! I want my bouquet painted! What an awesome personalized gift!

    Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gift you have, K - - that painting is outstanding!

    Can't wait to hear more about the fundraiser idea - I'm psyched!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I completely missed the last paragraph. I'm very excited about a fundraiser and you know we'd like to support you! (I do think an etsy shop is a great idea; I got beautiful hand painted note cards from an etsy shop this Christmas that my sister bought.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That painting is unbelieveable! Let me know if you want to show any and I can ask my dad who works at a gallery in Pittsburgh...:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you are so talented! I love the painting - you could definitely sell those.

    ReplyDelete