Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Just needed to remind myself...

I am not to blame for my barrenness.

God is not punishing me for sins of my past. How good or bad I was as a teenager has no bearing on my inability to have children (thanks be to God).

My barrenness has nothing to do with my prayer life.

God isn't waiting for me to say a certain novena before putting a baby in my womb and there's not some magical combination of words that will finally make Him realize I want to be a mother.

He already knows it.

My infertility is not due to my inability to find the perfect medical care.

I can go to the ends of the medical universe, but only God can heal me. My future isn't riding on me finding the right doctor, the right drugs, or the right diagnosis.

I didn't do anything to deserve this, and if I am ever blessed with a child, I won't have done anything to deserve that.

I am not to blame for my barrenness because I am not in control.

19 comments:

  1. An important reminder for all of us - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed the reminder too. It's too easy to blame ourselves & think that this is punishment for past sins... Thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proud of you! Sounds like the Lord is leading you right where he wants you to be, to be a Child of God. That is where the healing starts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right, we aren't being punished for past-thank goodness, i am not proud of my past! its where we are now that matters! and even though where we are now matters, you are so right that we don't earn it either. it is God's grace for sure. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this post, its right on point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you posted this. I remind myself of these truths every day!

    God bless you today & always! I know that your birthday is coming up and I wanted to wish you a bright and cheerful birthiday and year ahead full of blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reminder K! Now I just need to believe that I'm not to blame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, God isn't handing out these conditions as punishments for past sins. If he was, I'm sure my punishment would be far worse than IF.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the reminder...those are some important words to truly take to heart. I get caught in the mind trap as well of thinking...only "if"...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen! Get ye' behind AYWH satan!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to here what you idea is for a fund raiser!

    I may have a really, really nice item i can donate to you, if you maybe wanted to sell raffle tickets for it. (it's a small coach purse, never used with tags, it's $98!!) I got it as a gift, but it's not my style, it's kind of younger girl style, but really cute.

    Please elt me know if you are interested, as i would love, love, love to help you in your quest to be a mom!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your reminding yourself is going to remind lots of others too...wonderful post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good IF words of wisdom...God isn't punishing any of us. I needed that reminder too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. AMEN!

    I always struggle with the thought that my CT is punishment for my sins. Even though Dr Toth said it was a vertical transmission, I still struggle with that thought.

    This is a really good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks guys!

    And Becky, that is so totally generous of you! I'm touched. I'd feel bad taking it from you though. It's worth a lot! If you absolutely can't return it, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nope i can not return it, it was bought well over a year ago by some one i dont' know, i paid about half that for it. It was supposed to be a gift, then the person ended already having it, it was really funny!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for this. A thousand times-thank you.

    ReplyDelete