Luke Kolbe is officially a member of the Church! We were so blessed to have him receive the Sacrament of Baptism today.
He was so good, probably the best he's ever been in Mass. Clara on the other hand... The poor baby is getting a tooth at the moment and is having a rather rough time. The priest even made a remark to the entire congregation about someone needing an excorcism. Ouch!
Luke and Clara's cousin Caleigh was also baptized today. Ryan and I are Caleigh's Godparents, and Caleigh's parents (my sister and brother-in-law) are Luke's.
My parents threw a big party for Luke and Caleigh and everyone got to meet them both. We had a wonderful time and I was just so happy I could even be there - I had the stomach bug on Saturday and was just praying I'd be well enough to attend. Thank God I was!
I'm also blessed to share Luke's baptism day with my birthday. And it happens to be St. Therese's birthday, as well as the day we called to say we would be Clara's parents one year ago, and the day we chose her name. What a special day!
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Luke's baptism
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
K-
ReplyDeleteYou look FANTASTIC!!! What a proud Mama!!! Congrats and welcome to Luke!!! What a wonderful day and a happy time!! I am so happy for you!
Erin :)
Congratulations to all of you! What a blessing to be able to share the day with Caleigh!!
ReplyDeleteJanuary 2nd is a truly blessed day for you!!!
Congratulations! I am loving seeing all that God is doing in your life (well, when I cheat from my blog fast...though I think it's technically over now...)! I love seeing your JOY! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, K, what a big day! I can't believe that in one year you have adopted a baby and become pregnant and had that baby! Such a big year 2010 was for you, and I cannot wait to see what 2011 brings. God has been good!
ReplyDeleteLove these K! You and Amy look so pretty! Congratulations to your babies! What a special day and birthday!
ReplyDelete"somebody needs an excorcism" ha ha, that's kinda funny. Of course when it's your child it doesn't seem so but better laugh than cry.
ReplyDeleteYOU.LOOK.FABULOUS!!
Love the pictures!!
Wow, the significance of this day is HUGE! How amazing is God's timing. And you DO look great! What a beautiful family :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday and congratulations to the newest Catholics on the block!! Sounds like it was an awesome day!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! Sounds like so much fun!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed it- it was great to see y'all!!
Happy New Year!!!
Congratulations to Luke!! :) Love the family picture! :)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry we couldn't be there. As for the priest's comment about my God-daughter: Seriously, how could he not SEE that the last thing an angel like that needs is an exorcism.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to all of you! I LOVE the priest's comment about Clara - too cute! If he could see Jackson during his daily screaming fits, I know we'd get the same comment...lol! I hope you are all doing well and hanging in there. You look gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! January 2nd is an exceptional day for you, and Happy Birthday! :)
ReplyDeleteSooooooo wonderful!! And you are a gorgeous mama!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on his baptism, and Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations. You guys are the cutest family!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the Family Luke! Happy Birthday Mama! :) The 2nd is a very special day!
ReplyDeleteHow fantastic that all these wonderful things all happen on the same day!
It was the same day my son was baptized last year. :)
Gee, that IS a special day!!!! Congratulations to you! Welcome to God's family, Luke! Glad to have a new brother in Christ!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! January 2nd is a great day for your family!!
ReplyDeleteHIS TIMING IS PERFECT! You show great testament to this. This day was so well deserved for you:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a special day indeed. A perfect trifecta, baptism, birthday and a great Saint's Day.
ReplyDeleteRoses to you and much rejoicing!
SO thrilled I can hardly type.
I am so happy for you, and love your story!
ReplyDeleteThank you for commenting on my blog, I am in awe of you and your story!
-Deanna
what a precious family! Congrats to the little guy! and his cousin!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Our son was baptized on our first anniversary, so I know how exciting it is to share that date! What a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That's awesome that his baptism is your birthday! Love the pics, beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteAdorable! Welcome to the Catholic Church kiddo!
ReplyDelete