Thursday, January 6, 2011

A year

A year ago today we were here...


And we met her...



And fell in love. They even let us take the little five pound peanut home...


She's gotten bigger (15 lbs. bigger)...


And has filled our home with more joy than we could have ever imagined.


We celebrated her special day today with cupcakes...


I might have forgotten a bib, or to take off her new clothes (here I am, trying a little too late)...


And we learned that she's pretty adept at applying frosting lipstick...


When it was all said and done (or when I decided she was done), she was pretty happy with herself.


It's hard to believe it's been a whole year. Yet, at the same time, it feels like she's always been part of our lives. We love you, Clara Therese!


28 comments:

  1. I love this post and it reminds me where I was on this special night one year ago. It was then that I got to meet you three and PHDW's family! It is amazing that you now have two precious babies and PHDW and I each have our babies :)

    What a gift sweet Clara is to your family and to the whole world! We all love you sweet Clara!
    Love, your auntie blogger, C!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little angel. Happy adoption day Clara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post and LOVE seeing how tiny Clara was and how much she's grown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy adoption day to Clara and her beautiful family! Adoption day is always a special day in our house. Congratulations on your very blessed year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These make me so happy. What a precious one:) You deserve this happiness so much and I am so blessed to see you living it out. God bless you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember this so vividly!!! I was refreshing the page every minute during that day!

    And to see her (and Luke) today is just stunning!!! I can't get over it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! She's so big!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful reminder on this feast of the Epiphany (traditionally, I guess) of the most precious gifts in life - that is LIFE and new life at that!! Also, a great saint's feast day - St. Andre Bessette, pray for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little Clara! I remember reading your whole journey towards home on the world wide web last year. What a happy year you have had! You are God's great gift to the world! Hugs and prayers from me and Baby Tess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful day! God Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's hilarious! I should have a hundred pictures like this of me trying to take off Baby A's clothes (church or new outfits) before she is diving in to her breakfast, lunch or treat!

    This made me lough out loud.

    Goodness me, I must tell you, Clara is the cutest girl in the WORLD.

    I can't take it. She is SUCH a blessing. We are so lucky that you share these fun moments with us!

    Bravo on the Birthday.

    It looked FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a special year that you have had! reminds me that miracles do come true!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clara is so precious! This post made me cry!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! What an amazing year for you guys. You are an inspiration. PS. I notice that Luks is in his Miracle Blanket! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE THIS POST!!!!!
    I LOVE THIS BABY!!!!
    kiss her for me <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh your blog readers remember that day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ever since I read this story a year ago, I think of you every time I cross into Louisiana and see that sign :)

    And the sight of that tiny, tiny little girl in that carseat just takes my breath away!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww...that was so sweet. Happy Birthday Clara!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh so wonderful!!! :) Love this!
    Those cupcakes look amazing, did you make them??? Mmm. What a fun design too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww! I can't believe it's been a year! I remember checking your blog constantly and relaying updates to my husband (and today is his birthday, and he was adopted, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your story is so inspirational! Thanks for sharing and God blessed you with a beautiful girl! Loved your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this post. Clara is so precious!!! You all look so happy in the pictures :)
    xo,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just started reading your blog a few months ago, but have gone back and read from the beginning. I found it by searching Dr. Stegman's name. I will be visiting him next month.

    My husband and I are not trying to conceive yet (being a poor intern), but I am having issues that, from my training, I know will make it difficult when we try in the near future.

    Your story has inspired me so much. I can't wait to go see Dr. Stegman and finally get answers after I've been brushed off by others. I pray that we may someday be as blessed as you and your husband have been!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think I read your blog a loooonnngggg time ago way back when.... Am sick in bed today and ran across your blog today!

    All I can say is....OUR GOD IS SO GREAT!!!!!

    I read your entire post and had tears in my eyes at the end. Amazing story.

    ReplyDelete