Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Feeling better

As if right on cue, I am feeling better. It's hard to believe, but I'll be in my second trimester starting on Saturday, which is also when we'll be sharing the news with the world at large (i.e. facebook).

I didn't expect to feel so hesitant about going public. I'm always wanting to push back the announcement, until after the next appointment, the next blood test. But I don't think I'll ever be fully confident, and Ryan really wants to share the news, so the start of the second trimester is as good a time as any.

Like I said, I'm feeling better, yet still eating like crazy. Maybe pregnancy is an excuse at this point? I'm not sure! All I know is I only want carbs, carbs and more carbs. I keep telling myself everything will change in the second trimester (eating healthier, getting exercise), but it's inching up on me and instead of planning how I'm going to change things, I'm thinking about everything I want to eat before it's here!

I also finally cleaned this week. The mess, and my lack of energy to fix it, was depressing me. Seriously, I cried about it multiple times (although I cry about practically anything these days, happy and sad). So I finally decided I could either sit around and wallow in the filth, or do something about it. So I did, with Ryan's help, and now I feel wonderful. I also made some simple changes that totally brightened my mood - namely, removing our living room rug and putting down one from our guest room instead. One day I felt like I couldn't possibly live another day in our living room (dramatic, I know, but I am extremely hormonal), to the next day feeling like I had a new house.

Speaking of food, I've got to go eat again, but before I do, here are a couple pictures from today of Clara's first time on a swing. And do you recognize the handsome boy swinging behind her in the second shot?




20 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Glad you are feeling better! I had a migraine yesterday and was going to take a picture of my kitchen just for you! It's destroyed. The only thing I could do is make food eat it where I was standing and go lay down. :)

    I'm busting for a belly pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are feeling better! Don't worry about going public- everyone is going to be so happy for you guys and for Clara to have a brother or sister!

    Yay, I LOVE spring cleaning. I would have done it for you- I love cleaning other people's houses too, haha!! It always feels so great to have everything looking good. :)

    Clara did such a great job in the swing! And I played her raspberry/yelling video and E stopped what he was doing- listened and smiled- hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel no guilt about eating those carbs. At least I don't! And I can totally relate to feeling like the house is a disaster and needs to be remodeled. It must be early nesting or something. I've already changed out our bedding and picked a color to paint our bedroom, along with many other minor changes that are major to me! And the hormonal crying WILL stop, or at least it did for me around 20 weeks. So excited for you to be at your second trimester! And for the record, I think you're having a girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going public= more prayers! That can't be all bad! ;) I can't really even grasp my mind around announcing something like that, although Im pretty sure I would be nervous, just as you described! Anyways, so happy for you and really glad to hear you are feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So adorable! She's going to love being a big sister :)

    All I wanted to eat the first 18 or so weeks of this pregnancy was carbs and protein. I'm 20 weeks now and finally getting back to my normal (healthier) eating habits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you are feeling better! Thanks for the Clara pics, I've really missed you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are starting to feel better! Cleaning is always therapeutic for me - as is redecorating. What an adorable play date!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the second trimester!!! How wonderful!

    So glad that you're feeling better and that you got some tidying done. I can't function when my house isn't in order!

    And yes I want a belly pic too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt better, too, incrimentally from about 12 weeks on. I am so glad that the fog has lifted! Love the pics of Clara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! That is wonderful you're feeling better. I can't believe your almost in the second trimester. Where does the time go? Eat up girl...that's the best part ;)

    xo,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're feeling better! Go ahead and eat without guilt. Little AYWH Jr. just has a hearty appetite, that's all! :-) By the way Clara's raspberry video is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. What a little ray of sunshine she is!

    I agree with Sew, where is our belly bump pic?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I felt bad about a bad diet in the first trimester, too, and felt like I would never eat right again. At 20 weeks, though, my appetite started to stabilize. Now I have the ability to make healthier choices. Ironically, my weight shot up even though I was eating better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. adorable! I was shocked at how much better I felt around 13-14 weeks and now that my prog in oil is halved, I really am not near as hungry or tired either. I am glad you are feeling better!
    Also, as you know, you will never be 100% comfortable, but you have passed tons of milestones already and it is time to shout this great news from the rooftops and enjoy every second of this blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear you are feeling better! A clean house feels so nice. I'd love to see a belly pic too! The picture of E and C is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATS on making it to the second trimester!!!!!

    Oh I am so excited for you!! And thrilled to hear you are emerging from the 1st trimester pregnancy coma he he:)

    The new rug sounds awesome ... amazing how those little things can make all the difference, huh?

    Hope to talk soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad you're feeling better! I'm ready to be over the hump too! I have another week til my second trimester :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on both of your babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the pictures of clara and e swinging - so fun!

    i'm still in absolute awe, and smile each time i check in.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't fathom where you are getting the energy to clean. I just continue to be depressed about the undone chores, and I don't have pregnancy hormones to blame! Adorable pictures - glad to hear you're starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete