Monday, May 17, 2010

A premonition

On March 7, I was on my way to Mass when I got a text from a friend, fellow blogger Lifehopes. I was in New York for my baby shower, which had taken place the day before.

LH: R u pregnant? I had very vivid dream u r!

Me: Haha! No! I started a new cycle right before for my shower. Not many women can say that!


She went on to say the dream seemed real to her, almost like a prophecy. She thought maybe this would be a special cycle. That maybe I would finally conceive.

It still gives me chills to recall that text exchange. After five-and-a-half years of trying to become pregnant with no luck, I conceived, out of the blue, one week later.

When we got a chance to talk in the days that followed the text (but before my positive test), she told me more about her dream. She had envisioned me calling her and telling her the news. She said that if it wasn't this cycle, then maybe it would happen in the future. She felt very strongly about it.

I thought it was pretty cool, but thanks to Clara and my sudden lack of desire to be pregnant, I didn't cling to it like I would have just a few months earlier.

Then, just a few weeks later, when I began to suspect that I might, in fact, be pregnant, I called Lifehopes before I even said anything to my husband. I already kind of knew that the scene from her dream, the one where I called her to tell her the unbelievable news, would likely be playing out soon.

And, sure enough, it did. I called her the morning of Wednesday, March 31, after I had gotten two positive tests. I never asked her if it was exactly like her dream at that moment, but I imagine it was close enough.

I haven't fully wrapped my mind around it all. What does it mean? Why was she given the premonition about, not herself, but a friend? Was God trying to tell her for a reason? Was He trying to tell me?

I believe at least part of it has to do with how much she has prayed for me. I know she has asked God countless times for me to conceive, as I have for her, and I do believe she is intrinsically connected to my struggle on a spiritual level because of this. I can't explain exactly why, but perhaps it has to do with that.

We may never know why it happened, but it doesn't matter. I absolutely love that this is part of the story.

18 comments:

  1. You know, Sew recently had a dream like that about me! I don't think she felt it was a premonition though, but she dreamed that I called her and told her and we both cried. I'd love to think that would come true :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing story! I cannot wait to watch it unfold...congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JBTC just told me that she had a feeling I would be "next". I hope I have the same kind of story to tell soon! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT!!!

    How cool that she had a premonition that came true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing! Wow!

    Hey, has anybody had any dreams about me being pregnant? :)

    K, thinking of you and praying for you and baby! Sew thinking of you and praying for you and baby too!

    How come nobody ever comes and visits me at my blog? It's like a ghost town over there! I haven't had any visitors in awhile. :(

    Praying for all of us who desire motherhood and the gift of a child! I prayed my rosary for all of us today!

    Love,
    Maria :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this story!

    I can tell you in the previous months there is something that always stuck out to me when LH would talk about you. Things like I pray so hard for her, I'm going to Mass for her today, I'm really concerned for her....etc...etc...etc...I always thought that she felt the need to pray for you in particular!

    You were her "barren project" hahahaha LMBO!!!

    It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lifehopes is pretty great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really believe that any prophesies we may receive are for a purpose. I get that "whisper" in my head often of someone's name and I know I need to petition on their behalf. Aren't we blessed to be surrounded by others who "listen" to those whispers and actually pray for us! Still so excited for you and praising God for this newest miracle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing! I believe that dreams are a way God reveals his plans :)

    Praying for you and your growing babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome it that story??!! Tell her to dream up a dream of me and a successful pregnancy :) Take care of yourself and your growing bebe inside!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's an awesome story! I love how quickly it came true too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love this!!! It is incredible! Okay, LH, you've got a lot more work to do, praying and dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you that you are pregnant. It might sound funny to say this, but I think maybe it happened because you weren't trying so hard. - the relaxed factor!

    ReplyDelete