Well we're buying a house. We signed the final contract today and, barring an unforeseen circumstances, we'll close in about five weeks. I'm really looking forward to owning our own home again. In New York we had a pretty big house (much cheaper real estate market) that we loved. It was on a beautiful tree-lined street in this cute village with tons of kids nearby. We hoped we'd at least have our first child there. Now I hope we'll have our first child in this house and I can't help but picture what the nursery will look like. But there's a chance it won't happen here either. We don't plan on being in this house long; while it's cute and we really like it, it's small and we hope that in a couple years we'll either move to another city (for my husband's job) or upgrade to a different house. So I may not get to decorate a nursery in this house either. And with how slow the adoption process is going (did I blog about officially applying to Catholic Charities? I can't remember. Anyways we're on a waiting list to get on the waiting list!) we may not even adopt while in this house.
I just re-read the first paragraph and it sounds so negative! That's not what I want to be like. So if I'm being positive - maybe I will get to decorate a nursery in this house! I know exactly which room it would be and I also have colors picked out (big surprise). Right now (this could change) I want to do a non-tacky shade of turquoise on the wall (trust me I've seen examples and it looks really good) and if it's a girl it will be accented with bright pinks and if it's a boy it will be accented with greens. We think we wouldn't want to know the sex ahead of time so that's been encorporated into my decorating plans. My mother-in-law also just sewed everything for my nephew's nursery with my sister-in-law so hopefully I could do that with her too. I love the idea of having a home-made quilt, bumpers, curtains, etc.. This might sound weird but nothing excites me like picking out fabric. Even before I knew how to sew I'd just go to the fabric store and think about what I'd buy if I could.
Well hopefully buying this house will give me something new to focus on. I definitely am less depressed if I have something to distract me and painting walls fun colors and decorating will definitely distract me.
As for my recovery, I am getting increasingly tired each day and I am still in pain. It's my actual incision that hurts as well as some pain inside. And to make matters worse, I actually burned my upper lip last night, and between that and my incision pain I almost ripped my husband's head off. I am the type of person who can deal with one stresser but add another one and I lose it. So a word to the wise - don't leave your dinner plate sitting on a burner that's on medium-high, and then don't put a piece of cauliflower that's been sitting on this plate to your mouth. I actually heard my lip singe.
No comments:
Post a Comment