So I am now out of the hospital and recovering at my hotel in Omaha. My surgery went great! As Dr. Hilgers told my husband and aunt in the waiting room the surgery "was perfect," and it was a "10 out of 10." And when my husband asked if I'd ever have to have another surgery like this again Dr. Hilgers said, "How old is she? 31? No, she'll be pregnant by then." That's when my husband and aunt lost it.
The recovery so far has been okay. It's been pretty painful and uncomfortable at times. The worst part was not eating from Monday night until this morning (Thursday). I had broth yesterday, but that's not food. I am also very happy to have gotten rid of my IV! My incision is surprisingly not painful. I even showered today and it didn't hurt at all.
I also just have to say that I am so blessed. God is so good and He really protected me through this whole ordeal.
Well I am sleepy and due for some pain meds, so I'll write more about my surgery later. Right now I need to eat some ice cream and then fall asleep. Thanks to everyone for their many prayers. I really felt lifted up by all of them.
Hooray! I'm so glad to hear it went so well! How awesome that Dr. Hilgers said that to your husband and aunt.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about you today, and hoping you got to leave the hospital. I hope the recovery continues to go so smoothly!
(And thank you for the good wishes, too--it means a lot to me!)
You are covered in prayer - and have been for the past three days. I am so happy to hear that things went so well.
ReplyDeletePraying for a speedy recovery and pregnancy!
I'll continue to cover you in our prayers as you recover and I'll pray that your doctor's words will ring true!
ReplyDelete