Thursday, January 31, 2008

Doing better

We all have bad days, right? That being said, I was a mess yesterday. I am, thanks be to God, doing much better today.

The lifting of the storm cloud from above my head could be due to a few things, such as a) the grace of God, b) we had our home inspection this morning and that meant I could get in there and take tons of pictures to show my family, c) hormones, d) I stopped googling "high testosterone," "PCOD," "prolactin," and "please, God, help me with my infertility!" and vowed to stay away from online medical sites and message boards for at least 24 hours, e) I talked to my aunt, who was in my post-op appointment, and she calmed my fears about PCOD and a pituitary tumor ("you've diagnosed yourself with what?"), and, (last but not least), f) LOST IS ON TONIGHT!

I started feeling better last night. After a lot of crying, I rebounded, made dinner, and got ready for one of my other favorite shows, American Idol (have I mentioned we watch a lot of television?). I prayed my St. Gianna novena and decided the future is not as grim as I thought earlier in the day. It's still difficult and my heart always aches a little, but I just thank God that He helped to lift my spirits, even if only temporarily. I'll take what I can get.

I am also looking forward to a meeting I have tomorrow. Two women are starting an infertility support group at my parish and asked me to join them. I was so excited, because I had wanted to start a group for a long time, but since we moved to a new city and were brand new members of our parish, I wanted to wait a bit before jumping in on my own. I'd met the priest a couple of times but I'm quite sure he doesn't know me. I also didn't know a soul in the parish, and for all I knew there was already a group like this in place (turns out there isn't, but there's definitely a need). So it was meant to be when one of the girls approached me. And you'll never believe how she even knew I was dealing with infertility. While doing some research online for the support group, she came across this blog! She knew it was me because a couple days earlier I had decided to put a picture of my husband and I on my "about me" and she had just met me a couple days earlier as well so she knew it was me. God works in such amazing ways.

So we're meeting with the priest tomorrow and if he approves our plans we will be starting this group soon. I really feel called to help others and to share my experiences with the PPVI. If anyone has experience with an infertility support group and has any advice, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I have thought about starting an infertility support group at my parish too. I am uncomfortable, though, because I work at my parish. Part of me wants to keep some privacy when it comes to my infertility struggle (thus the lack of using my name or posting any pictures on my blog). I really hope your pastor approves of your group and you find support in each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up at 2:30 in the morning right now because I have infertility insomnia. Googling "Clomid ovulate one month not next."

    Have you checked out this Catholic infertility support group online? I was just sent the link a couple weeks ago when I was at one of my low points.

    http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/catholic-fertility/

    This is such a tough, patience-testing struggle!

    ReplyDelete