I was just reading a post by LifeHopes and it got me thinking.. I need to find out more about my ovaries not releasing eggs. So I searched online (which I know can be dangerous) and saw that it's called LUF or luteinizing unruptured follicle syndrome and I found some very interesting studies. One in particular suggests a link between drugs like Advil and Motrin, as well as aspirin, and LUF.
I've definitely taken my share of Advil in my life. For a time, I took four to six and day every day for headaches. I don't do that at all anymore (I just had to give up caffeine) but I'm taking Motrin right now for my surgery pain and I hate to think it might be working against my fertility! The mere suggestion is enough for me to stop.
Maybe this is old news, but I've never heard of this before. Maybe it's also controversial and not widely accepted, because I trust Dr. Hilgers and he never mentioned this to me. I also don't know the first thing about medical studies, so maybe it wasn't done by a reputable institution, etc., etc. So has anyone else heard of this?
Congrats on your new house!
ReplyDeleteYay-- something fun to look forward to!
I have not heard of any connection between advil and LUF. I really hope neither of us has it, though!
I just keep thinking that if I do end up having an ovulatory disorder, it seems that it could be remedied by Clomid or Letrazole. I have not tried either of those drugs, though. That also would probably be our last resort after we get all of our hormone levels where they need to be.
What do you think?
I don't know if there is a connection between advil and LUF, but my doc did tell me that advil could interfere with ovulation (although he made it seem like it was a lower % possibility). I'm not sure if that a connection to LUF is what he was thinking about, but it was enough to stop me from using advil except for help with menstral cramps. I hope you figure out what is going on with your ovaries!
ReplyDelete